Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2018, 03:38:20 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
WINDY day Friday 11/21 Brockdale  (Read 1014 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

Went out to Brockdale and set my jugs (11 now) out at the far south point before Collin Park and started drifted back as I set my jugs out. Man, was I moving fast.  The jugs were probably half a football field apart and I was putting them out as fast as I could.  After I set them out, I went to find more shad, they were scarce.  Caught enough to cut up and rebait after about 1 1/2 hours.  Ran the jugs and almost every one had 2 fish one it. I have rigged them with 3 hooks, from the weight I have one 1 ft, the next 3 ft (or 2 ft from the bottom hook) and the next 6 ft.  All fish caught on the bottom two hooks.  Sheared the pin on the motor I got from Arborist (and had no replacements)  icon_evil  so the next 2 runs was with a trolling motor  icon_eek  Yes, a trolling motor in 3 foot swells.  Couldn't even see my jugs because of the waves. The last run (which was the third) I gave up and pulled them in.  Ended up with 40 fish and kept 20 in the 3-6 lb range.  All were keepers, but the ones I didn't keep were about 1 - 1.5 lbs.  Considering the conditions felt like it was a great day!!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: