Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2018, 10:12:24 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Temporarily Retiring  (Read 4654 times)
LLF Fishing Addict

Well after my comeback attempt at tournament fishing at Cedar Creek this past weekend, I have made a decision to temporarily retire from tournament fishing.

The defining factor was when I couldn't lift a 3 pound hand sledge high enuf to drive in a portable tree. Got to thinkin what if something happened and Brad really would need some help. I would be purty much worthless with my shoulder the way it is currently.

So, I be out and since Adolfo is gonna be fishin with his son at Lewisville, Big Country fishin team needed another partner. I am happy to say that Jeremy Gatlin will be Brad's new partner. Now he be a fairly decent sized young feller that ya'll gonna like. He most definitely fits the team name! hehehe

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

glad  Cheesy you got to try it out anyway , dave....sorry  Sad it aint ready to go though .....been workin it out with those 12 oz cokes but you might need to move up to the liter size  icon_lol ....see ya at lewisville

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Well Lynn those were 16 oz diet caffene free cokes! The real deal ehhh! Guess I need to move up to the 2 litre bigguns!

I still gonna make most of the gatherings and weigh-ins so I can still chat with my friends. Great bunch of folks all of ya'll. See ya at Lewisville.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

dang dave.  hate to see you not fish.  there is always somebody around if something were to go wrong.    I would roll up and help you out during a tourney if needed.....

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

David ... I understand your concerns but hate to hear this. Who knows, maybe next year you can get back physically better than before. You ever need anything just holler, tourny or otherwise.

a.k.a. Zen Master of Gar
Formerly FishBrew, post count + 522
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

What the He!!??? I know we talked about it after the tourney. Sure will miss you on the water. Maybe during the pre-fish you could just tag-a-long with a team to just stay in the fish of things. Just make sure you are at the Gatherings and the weigh-ins. Still need your presence.  See you at Lewisville...........

Mark Alexander
North Texas Trophy Cats
2008 Central Texas Catfish Classic Champions
"If your hands aren't slimey,then your having a bad day!"
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Nice to finally meet you , hate to hear your retiring for a while, but we all understand how it is.I was sore as heck myself after this one from catching fish all day, but they were mostly eaters.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Sorry to hear that David. I know how much you enjoy fishing. See you at the next gathering.
You should do what I did and let Brad catch all the fish.. icon_lol

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Yeah Joe, I know you would pull out in a heartbeat is someone was in need and many others would too! But, I have seen several things happen in the past that took place real quick and there wasn't time to wait on somebody to come help. Accidents happen and sometime responses can't wait 5 or 10 minutes.

I love fishing but for now this is the correct thing to do. I will still fish some but not all day in a tournament. I'll still be hanging around, just not tournament fishing till this shoulder gets stronger.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

DavidP,

You are an awesome individual and a true joy to be around.  Glad you are going to be still be around.  If NTTC is looking for a role model/spokesman, you are the prefect man for the job.  Thanks again for all of the encouragement and support that you have given me.  Get well for next season !!!

MikeB

Lake Grapevine Small Mouth Buffalo Lake Record Holder - 4/10/2010

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I'll 2nd what Mike said!  Hope to still see ya at the events and get that shoulder well!

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

David,

I can't imagine a gathering of tourny without you being there.  Sorry to hear about your shoulder but I respect your judgement.  I can't wait to see you at Lewisville.  I'm praying for your shoulder.

Andrew

Grapevine blue cat record holder 43.41 lbs.  
Team KAS
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: