Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2018, 06:43:42 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Healthy fish dinner?  (Read 4391 times)

Lunker Extreme

I'm lookin for more ways to prepare my fish.  I have read the other posts and plan to try some of the soakings.  Now I know I weight too much and exercise too little so I want to try to avoid frying.  

My current method is to filet a nice 5lb kitty, salt and pepper (black) baste with butter (heart healthy stuff works ok) put on a cookie sheet (got to eat all the cookies off first) with tin foil and boil for about 30 min or until they start to brown.  I check the thicker pieces to make sure their tender all the way through.  Served with rice or sautéed green beans is very tasty.

What is your method?

Top Bottom  

Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

Try the same method you use but mix a little light mayo and some mustard and coat the top of the fish with it and broil until the mixture just starts to brown. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Did it with halibut but should work great with catfish fillets too.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I have found that with Uncle Bucks batter I can shake them in a bag of batter to get coated good & then grill & the batter actually stays on great, taste like fried without the grease.

-------------------------
Married men don't live longer, it just seems longer!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Give the fish to me and eat Cheerios.  Cheesy

88' Allison XTB-21 and two little sidekicks that love to fish!!
Top Bottom  
Minnow

For blackened fish try a couple of filet's salt, pepper, a little paprika.Get a cast iron skillet (heavy is best ) just moisten with corn or olive oil from paper towel.heat skillet til its super hot .Drop in fillets for 2 min a side and serve with cream corn and a little toast.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

If you want a simple change to your existing recipe that will have a dramatic effect, just take a little rosemary, crush it up and sprinkle it on and cook as normal. Your rice will go with it well. And heck, while you have the butter out, it goes good on steamed broccoli.
If you like but would like a little stronger, just wrap the fillets in foil then cook. This will trap in the rosemary favors as well as all the seasonings you already like. Tongue

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I dredge in corn meal then put on cajun seasonings and drizzle with margerine.  When you get it all just right it comes out slightly crispy on the outside and with a lot of flavor from the spices.  Not bad at all.

Fiberglass, aluminum, pontoons...whatever floats your boat.
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: