Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 24, 2019, 01:20:31 AM

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145]   Go Down
Quick Trip - Community Lakes  (Read 318505 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

Just a few hours before the Near Deere Give Away! Join us at 8PM Central US.... January 11, 2019!
YouTube Live Session

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

...headed down the road to Carrollton and a chance for trout... except struck out on trout. But, did lots of scouting around; there is a big pond, a small pond, a medium pond, a river, and a wider part of the river that all look like they may hold fish at times.

Although we struck out on trout, did catch fish #1, #2, #3, and more from a drainage creek that fed into the big pond. Sunfish and Bluegill were going for an Olive Near Deere! While there, saw Carrollton is using the drainage filters that trap debris before it can enter a pond or lake!  Good Stuff!

Longer video... but lots to show! Check it out when you get a chance!

Carrollton Sports Complex.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I also struck out on trout at Waterloo Park and on striper fishing below Denison Dam yesterday.  I think the strong cold front that blew thru Friday night had something to do with it.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I also struck out on trout at Waterloo Park and on striper fishing below Denison Dam yesterday.  I think the strong cold front that blew thru Friday night had something to do with it.

Bummer, just got back from both Waterloo and Denison... struck out today.  Very cold, too. Had to wear multiple layers and put on gloves.  Hope to have better luck next round!

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Made the run up the road on Hwy 75 to Denison to fish Waterloo Park Pond for Rainbow Trout. Restocked last weekend, plan was to limit out, and then run further up the road to Denison Dam tailrace to fish for Striped Bass.

Cold temps that stayed in the 30s all day put a slowdown on the bite. Ended up striking out at both Waterloo and Denison Dam. No worries... had a great time at "casting practice" with the new TFO 6wt Fly Rod and the Cabelas TLR 6wt Switch Rod.
Struck Out... Casting Practice?

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

No fishing today but did get the chance to post a video to answer the mail... question on what fly reel we use. From the jest of the video, we hope we answered the mail... Echo Ion Fly Reels!
Why we like Echo Ion Fly Reels.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

More Near Deere Give Aways... this one is round three for 2019!

This round has...
- One Olive Near Deere
- One White Near Deere
- Two No Herl Griffiths Gnats

Do join us for the random drawing!

Near Deere Give Away - Round 3 #flyfishing

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145]   Go Up

Jump to: