Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2018, 04:12:35 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 140   Go Down
Quick Trip - Community Lakes  (Read 278734 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

Finally took one of the larger Catfish at Celebration Park's East Pond.  Catfish went 20" and about 2 lbs in size.  Used a Bread Fly and chummed with bread.  Had to soak the bread and let it sink this time.  Fish were not taking anything on the surface.  Picture of the Bread Fly and Catfish posted in the link below.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Nice catch do you throw the bigger ones back or do you keep them? If you try som Danny kings or liver on a treble hook after you chum may have luck catching some bigger ones as well.

If my minnow is gone hopefully there is a fish on
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Thanks fishfinder, I throw them back.  

I have used bread, liver, corn, Danny King, and Catfish Charlie's Blood Bait.   All will catch them.

First fished the ponds when the park opened; Catfish were mostly 8"-10" in size.  Each year the average size has increased; however, I did see a Father and Son catch a Catfish about 2 years ago that went about 5 lbs.  

They released it as well.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

What other fish have you caught out of there? Any bass of good size. I fished the one pond with the nice dock on it with minnows one time a few yrs back and caught 3 bass about 10 inches each. Threw out for cats while I was there but didn't catch any. How many days a week do you fish may have to meet you down there one day and fish with you. Always looking for a place to fish.

If my minnow is gone hopefully there is a fish on
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Have caught Bluegill and Sunfish but no Bass as of yet.

Depending on work and family committments I try to fish when I can during the week.  Usually around lunch or after work.

Lately things have picked up at work but I usually will break away on weekends for an hour or two in the morning.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Fished Celebration Park's North Pond to test out a new fly pattern - Cigarette Egg Fly.  Chummed with bread, and then casted a fly to the spot.  Caught five Sunfish / Bluegill in 15" with a lot more missed strikes.

Looks as if the panfish are more active given the warmer weather.

FYI:  For flyfishermen, I posted instructions on tying the fly on the link below.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Stopped by Celebration Park's East Pond at lunch and after work today.  Still field testing the Cigarette Egg Fly that a member of our team created.

Fly pattern uses material from a cigarette filter and is tied like a Glo-Bug Egg except the cigarette filter is used in place of the Glo-Bug Yarn.

Lunch time was uneventful.  Nibbles but no hook-ups.  Cold and cloudy with enough of a breeze to make it feel colder.

After work things started slow but picked up.  Caught 4 Sunfish and 1 Catfish on the Cigarette Egg Fly.  Pictures posted in the link below.

Plan to try other fishing areas and continue to test the fly.  Will post results!

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Participated in the City of McKinney Trout Derby this morning at Towne Lake. Caught five fish limit in less than 30". Opted for spinfishing gear and fished corn on the bottom on a Carolina Rig.

Returned later in the afternoon with my fishing partner. Same story, different fisherman, five fish limit on corn fished on the bottom on a Carolina Rig.

Pictures posted in link below.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

my son and I went out there this morning...forgot how crazy that thing was...got there early and got a good spot...as soon as we set up...bam...one after another...and then once people saw we were tearing them up they threw their stuff right on top of ours and the bite stopped cause we couldn't tell if it was the other people's line or a fish...got frustrating after that...went home with a limit of ten for me and my son around 10:00....they also gave him about a $40.00 fishingpole...actually was the first one to catch one of the golden trout and it got off on the ONLY bush in the freakin lake!!!! Oh well.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

It was crazy in the morning.  When my fishing partner and I returned later in the afternoon, the crowd had tapered off.  Even saw a couple of flyfishermen trying to take them on the fly.  

Had a few annoying fishermen casting and tangling lines.  Else, it was a nice day for fishing.

FYI - For fishermen opting to take them on artificials:
Observed several fishermen using silver and copper Super Dupers catching trout.  Small size lures (1/4") seemed to be prefered.  

Did not see anyone taking them on the fly as of yet.  But, should be able to get strikes as it is still early since the trout were stocked.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Returned to Towne Lake in McKinney for another chance at Trout in the late afternoon. Started out slow with no hits on a Carolina Rigged corn but then it picked up about a half-hour later. Partner and I ended up limiting out - 10 Trout ranging from 8" to 10.5" in size.  Pictures and more details posted in the link below.

FYI: Saw the Game Warden out issuing citations, so beware and heed the five fish per person daily limit and ensure you have a license.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

FYI - Posted details on what bait we are using and how we rig our fishing poles when fishing for trout.  See link below.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Update:  Towne Lake in McKinney continues to produce on Carolina Rigged Corn fished on the bottom.

Caught 5 fish limit ranging in 7" to 9.5" in size in less than 45 minutes. Would have limited out sooner but missed a lot of light strikes.

Pictures posted in the link below.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Update:  A buddy just finished limiting out at Towne Lake in MicKinney at Noon today! Trout were about 8" to 10" in size.

Unfortunately, the Cormorant have returned.  So, better fish when the opportunity presents itself before the birds clean out the Trout.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Fished Celebration Park's North Pond; caught five Bluegill/Sunfish in 15" on the Cigarette Egg Fly, fishing fly that simulates a piece of bread floating and/or sinking in the water.  

The fly is tied using material from a cigarette filter and works well in community lakes and ponds.  

The fish were small but still fun to play with on light tackle.  Pictures posted in the link below.

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 140   Go Up

Jump to: