Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 16, 2019, 02:09:56 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Trout and a striper  (Read 259 times)
Lunker Extreme

Made the trip to Waterloo Park last weekend for a little trout fishing.  I got my limit pretty quick so decided to head on up to Denison Dam for a little striper fishing since it was still early in the morning.  Ended up with 5 trout, one of which was a Palomino trout.  Rounded out the morning with a 9 pound, 26" striper from below Denison Dam.  It was a pretty good day for fishing.  I think I need a bigger cutting board though.

Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:27:00 PM by redloon
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Very nice!

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Went up to Waterloo Park again this morning.  Temperature was 27 degrees when we got there at 7:15 a.m. and water was freezing in the rod tip guide as I reeled in.  Didn't get even one bite.
About 8:00 a.m. people started coming in for the trout derby that officially started at 9:00 a.m..  

As things got crowded, I left about 8:30 a.m. to drive up to Denison Dam to try my hand at striper fishing again.  Struck out there too.  I did see two striper caught - they were hooked right up next to the turbine outlet wall.

I stopped in at the trout pond on my way home and saw several people with limits lining up at the trout derby station for weigh in.  I didn't do any fishing though as I had to get back home.

At least Waterloo Pond was stocked yesterday - I was beginning to wonder.  The trout seem to be very sluggish until the sun starts shining on the pond and the water warms up.

Probably headed up there tomorrow morning for another round.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Limited out early this morning on the trout at Waterloo.  It was 35 degrees this morning so much better than yesterday.

Went on up the road to Denison Dam for an hour.  No bites for me again today but I did see a 8-9 pound striper caught this morning - again hooked right next to the turbine outlet wall.  As long as the flood gates are open and they're generating I think the stripers will be there.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Limited out early this morning on the trout at Waterloo.  It was 35 degrees this morning so much better than yesterday.

Went on up the road to Denison Dam for an hour.  No bites for me again today but I did see a 8-9 pound striper caught this morning - again hooked right next to the turbine outlet wall.  As long as the flood gates are open and they're generating I think the stripers will be there.

Very nice!

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

LLELA (Lewisville TX) was stocked earlier this week; hope to give it a go for trout this weekend. Rain permitting!  Collated a LLELA Video Playlist that me be of interest to some!

Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 06:40:27 PM by fshn84

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Made the run up to Denison's Waterloo Park today (Saturday).  Got there at 7:15 a.m. and left at 8:00 a.m. after not getting a single bite from the trout.  They might have turned on a little later like last weekend but I decided to go to Denison Dam for more striper fishing.

That was a good decision as I ended up with 5 striper between 15" and 17" by 10 a.m.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Made the run up to Denison's Waterloo Park today (Saturday).  Got there at 7:15 a.m. and left at 8:00 a.m. after not getting a single bite from the trout.  They might have turned on a little later like last weekend but I decided to go to Denison Dam for more striper fishing.

That was a good decision as I ended up with 5 striper between 15" and 17" by 10 a.m.

Very nice!

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Learned trout were stocked earlier this week at LLELA - Lake Lewisville Ecological Learning Area. Not been to LLELA for awhile, decided to give it a go. Struck out but did hear from another fisherman that he had several on the line that morning but missed landing them. Later, did see the same fisherman land one... so there are trout at LLELA.  Just not on our hooks... Bummer!

Decided to call it a trip but would stop at a pond on the way home in hopes of catching at least a fish so as not to call the day a bust. Ended up catching two bass at the pond by the Allen Cinemark. One went for a red Damsel Fly, and the other went for a PMOT - Purple Marabou and Orange Thing! Woohoo... was an awesome day fishing!

Fished LLELA and Struck Out But...!

Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:54:41 PM by fshn84

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Made another trip up to Denison Dam this morning.  Got my limit by 8:30 a.m. and I'm glad because it was 35 degrees with a light wind. 

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Another 5-peat this morning.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: