Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 10:34:57 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 136   Go Down
Quick Trip - Community Lakes  (Read 256323 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

Since the Trout fishing at Bethany Lakes has slowed and while waiting for Frisco and Mckinney to receive their stockings, I opted to fish the community lakes in the area.

Stopped by Celebration Park at lunch today to test out the amazing Fish Pen.  I bought it on a whim after seeing the ad on TV.

Caught a little Catfish using Corn.  Posted pictures in the link below.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Checked out Celebration again this morning.  Cold but not windy. Caught a 14"Catfish.

Posted picture of the pond with ice forming and the Catfish on the link below.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Haha.

I got the "Worlds smallest fishing pole" from the wife for Christmas because I am always saying "I wish I had a fishing pole" when I see a pond...or any body of water.  When I opened it I was like "what the heck am I going to be able to catch with this?".  Guess I will have to put some new line on it and throw it in the glovebox to try it out sometime.

Good website, by the way.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Thanks Deadweight!

FYI - I had to make some tweaks to the Fish Pen before I could use it.  Mainly applying epoxy to the reel seat and the rod tip.  

The reel seat was loose on mine and would not tighten, so my reel kept falling off.

And, the rod tip kept popping off when I was extending the poles sections.

Else, it works fine as a backup outfit in an "emergency" and should do fine on small fish.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Checked out Celebration Park in Allen.  Caught small Sunfish and small Catfish on Corn.

Also, stopped by Bethany Lakes at Noon. Looks like fishing for Trout at Bethany will have to wait until next season.  No activity at all.

Pictures posted on link below.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Fished Celebration Park's East Pond again.  Caught Catfish and a small Bluegill and Sunfish.

FYI - Used the Zebco Deliar; Catfish weighed 1/2 lbs.  Posted pictures of the Catfish and Bluegill in the link below.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Have you fished the two ponds east of Celebration Park on the east side of Angel Parkway?  I saw a guy fishing in one of them with is dog today.  They look deeper than the ones at Celebration Park.  

No place to park on the east side though (Rock Ridge Rd).  Maybe have to come in from Angel Parkway somehow.  

Saw some herons hunting on the shoreline too, so there must be some kind of life in there.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Have not fished the ponds that are further east of Celebration Park.  Not sure if it is part of the nearby sub-division or a private pond but it does look promising.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

ok -ok since i no longer live in allen i will give up what is the best spot in allen for perch. from bethany lakes, go north on allen heights, there is a little bridge that crosses the creek.from the road it doesnt look like much water but there is. park in front of those houses and walk down into the trees below the bridge on the west side.after you catch the monsters there
cross the road and work your way down the creek and you will come out by bethany lakes there are nice bass in there too Cheesy

memory lane is only a 1/4 mile long
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

i fished them(east ponds) at celebration park last summer and only caught a few small ones

memory lane is only a 1/4 mile long
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Yep Rick I have fished that spot for years. It used to be a stock tank before the put Allen Height drive right thru the middle of the tank. Them perch been in there for a long time. Been fishin that area since 1979.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Quick notes from the field.

Checked out several community lakes in Allen. With the warm weather decided to try flyfishing for Bluegill and Sunfish.  Stopped by Bethany Lakes' Back Pond and Creek, a pond recommended by one of the forum members located along North Allen Heights, Allen Station Dam, and Celebration Park's North Pond.

Caught several Bluegill and Sunfish fishing a Bead Head Gold Ribbed Hares Ear Nymph slowly on the bottom.  Suspect that other nymphs would produce as well as a Wooly Bugger.

More details/pictures in the link below.   All for now. Good luck and good fishing!

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Fished Celebration Park's North and East Ponds this afternoon.  Caught three small Sunfish on flyfishing gear using a Prince William Nymph in the North Pond.  Caught two small Bluegill using a Bread Fly in the East Pond.

Bread Fly is a pattern that I use when fish are feeding on bread thrown in the water by park goers to feed ducks and by fishermen chumming for fish.  Probably could have caught a lot more Bluegill but I had to leave for home.

Will give it a shot tomorrow and post results.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Update:  Chummed the East Pond at Celebration Park with bread and started catching Bluegill and Sunfish. Catfish followed with the action remaining steady.  Hooked but did not land a nice size Catfish - maybe 2-3Lbs. Kept at it for a couple of hours finally landing one on the Bread Fly.  Picture posted in the link below.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Update: Fished the East Pond at Celebration Park several times at lunch this week.  Have been trying to catch some of the larger Catfish.  No luck in landing them yet.  Regardless, the bite is steady with a few small fish landed.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 136   Go Up

Jump to: