Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2018, 08:11:20 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Checking the forcast before you go out...  (Read 2799 times)

Lunker

Seems this should go without saying but after today seems worth repeating.   Checking the forcast before you go out on the lake.  I know things can change and surprise us but today's weather was predicted.  We went out to Lavonia just to walk around and 1st thing saw a boat up in the mud, not tied and no one around.  About the time I decied to call the police, thinking someone had fallen in and the boat washed up, we see a couple and 2 small kids walking up.  They had gone and called for help and were fine.  They left out of East Fork before the wind hit and could not make it back.   We stayed to make sure they got the boat out and they were fine.  

Kim

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Also knowing what you're boat can handle is a good thing to know.  If you're boat won't handle anything over 15-20 mph and it's forecasted to blow harder, not a very wise decision to be out.  That's how bad things happen to good people, especially this time of year when even if you have on a life vest the water temp alone can kill you.  Be safe out their guys.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I know I checked Fri night for Sat forecast & the hour to hour never said anything over 19 mph & after being out there I know it was at least 25 most of the day with gust even higher.

-------------------------
Married men don't live longer, it just seems longer!
Top Bottom  

Lunker

This was on Sunday we came across these people.    We had watched I guess the weather the afternoon and night before on channel 8 and it was predicted to get bad about mid day with a wind change and high winds.  The people had gone out in the morning and got surprised.  No idea what any other stations had predicted.  Just thought it was worth bringing up.   Was a little scary when we got there and saw that boat and no one around...  They were soaked and the poor guy took on 1 more big wave into the boat loading up.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: