Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2018, 12:23:36 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Dead Threads  (Read 2993 times)
Lunker

I guess this is more of an observation than a suggestion.  

I use the option to view the posts since my last visit, and I assume that a lot of other folks do to.  I like this feature because it makes it easy for you keep up with the latest topics.  The drawback that I see with this is that once I read the last post on a topic I never see the topic again because I don't go back into the main topic list areas.  I think this has a tendancy to kill topics early.  On TFF you always see a full page of topics and maybe you will scan down and re-read and respond to an older topic.  On LLF you don't get that option if you are a quick "view new" type guy like me.

Like I said, I like the "view new" option and I use it, but I think it might be causing good threads to get shut down early.  Just my opinion.  If you agree then maybe you will be able to come up with a solution that will keep topics alive.  ??

Thanks,
Greg

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

so you are saying you would like to have a section for today's active topics that would show all topics that have been posted to that day like TFF(and would stay there all day) instead of (or addition to) active topic since your last visit  (that would disappear after you read them) Huh?

Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Legend

I am still a little fuzzy on the question...are we wanting a page that just lists all the topics from a day or week or something or more of what shawn mentioned where they would dissapear whenn you read them???

I dont mind doing something but want to do it right.

-------------------------
Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
Lunker

I really don't have a suggestion.  I was just posting an observation about why I think the topics on here sometimes die before they need to.  If you guys agree that this is true then maybe you can figure something out.  If you don't agree or if you don't care then don't worry about it.

I'm not asking for anything.  Great site!

Thanks

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: