Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2018, 06:49:35 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Dangerous area  (Read 3245 times)
Lunker Extreme

Monday I launched from Elm Creek around 8 am and picked up a few sandies while trolling and also picked up a nice crappie (in a new spot I tried     Cool   )   that I hated to let go.   Sad

Well I decided to explore near the new future water line area, in the back of the cove just north of Elm Creek boat ramp.  At the base of the huge water line, the core has lined the ground with white rocks that extend out into the cove.  I was idling toward the white rocks when the boat hit a couple of them, and I was well over 50 yards from the shoreline.  (My boat doesn't have a depth finder.)  Yet.  And I'm in a shallow runninng 14 ft. john boat with a short shaft Mercury 15 HP tiller motor.  I threw it in neutral and scraped a few more rocks.  Slowly started back out and the prop hits a rock, killed the engine and took a big O chip out of one of the prop blades.  Luckily the shear pin held.   So now I need a new prop.

So watch that area.   Those rocks extend waaaaaaay out.  This was at level 491.50 to the best of my recollection.

-------------------------
Guess I'll go fishing just for the halibut  :-o
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

no markers or anything out there  icon_question  :x

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

By the new water outlet?

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Nope Lynn, no markers at all    :?    

Yep Chris, where the new future water line is.  You and I did some fishing back in there when the water was 7 ft above normal pool.

I'll get a picture next time Im over that way.

Guess I'll go fishing just for the halibut  :-o
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: