Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2018, 11:37:14 AM

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
child safety  (Read 11203 times)
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

anything could happen at anytime...........maybe this man is not aware of the laws or maybe he got caught up in the moment of being w/ his girl and forgot to vest her up . the situation is not pleasant to think about what could happen. a ticket and the self-awareness is the best thing that could happen here so the man will know for future trips and continue to share the outdoors w/ a young child and making memories and showing her good things in life.  Calling CPS and possible ruining a family and putting a child in the system is no way the solution. GEEEZZZ gimme a break.  People are so easy to call CPS on anything. Does the picture upset me?Yes Would i inform the man of the law?Yes would i be nice about it?no would it bother me if he recieved a fine?NO  Should CPS be informed? come on,seriously

Top Bottom  

Group: Legend in His Own Mind
LLF Fishing Legend

CPS should never be called unless it it obvious child abuse.
I have a friend who's small child fell while trying to walk. She fell and hit her head on the coffee table. They took her to the hospital becuase it put a fairly nasty cut on her forehead.....that kid was immediatly taken away from the parents while an investigation is done. Both parents were there when the kid fell, both parents rushed the girl to the hospital, both parents told the exact same story....some jacka$$ doctor didnt care and called CPS. Now this family is being torn apart while some stranger investigates. The child is currently staying with grandparents and the parents can only visit their child if the grandparents are present....

I dotn knwo what the world is coming to these days....if CPS had been called everytime i got a bad cut or bruise when i was a kid they would have been called out daily!!!

-------------------------
Team Pyle & Clyde
If a southern woman is a "Southern Bell", is a mexican woman a "Taco Bell"?
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Let me make myself clear.. I simply mentioned CPS for the one reason that if they had seen it, there would be trouble for this family.. The last thing I would want to see is CPS involved. It's a very serious matter. I grew up in the system.. I am pretty sure I am full aware of teh effects. And, I agree with what every one of you is saying. I think I came accross the wrong way. CPS is no joke... A dead child isn't either, nor is having one removed from a family who loves them, but it has happened for much less serious situations. The point is, .. A child is such a precious thing, that even the slightest risk should and can be avoided. I would personally be the last one to call them. I hope my meaning is better understood.

Crappie Fun on Lake Lavon!!
Mike Wilson
https://www.facebook.com/wylie.crappieman?ref=tn_tnmn

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Guys everyone is decent stand on this issue. I have seen lots of adults that have loss their children thru CPS. At my job as a Corporal in the Bell County Sheriffs Office, Corrections Division, people abuse, sexually assault,physically abuse, and mentally abuse their kids daily. I would almost bet that this guy just absent mindly forgot to vest up his daughter. He is a probably a product of his own upbringing. Is he wrong, hell yes,does he nned to made aware of his shortcomings, hell yes. It would a tradegy to have something happen to his child, but we are all guilty of things that are, or were not the smartest. Also beleive me CPS is not the answer to hardly anything, they are overworked and understaffed and losts of times really don't have the time keep up with the children once they are placed. Letgs just hope he does not have to learn the hard way.

Mark Alexander
North Texas Trophy Cats
2008 Central Texas Catfish Classic Champions
"If your hands aren't slimey,then your having a bad day!"
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

Simmer down everyone.  Looks like this has already been taken care of.  This horse is official beat!

Beat a Dead Horse

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

If it bothered you enough to take pictures, you  should have said something to the guy...i bet he'd have vested her up. .... Instead of just taking pictures....??

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

If you ever see me fall overboard while taking a leak, i hope you'll do more to help me than take pictures...

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

2 locked threads in a weak.....man some of us must be cycling icon_lol  icon_lol  icon_lol  icon_lol

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Quote from: "brent"
2 locked threads in a weak.....man some of us must be cycling icon_lol  icon_lol  icon_lol  icon_lol

icon_lol

Top Bottom  

Group: Pvt Pyle
LLF Fishing Legend

i have photos of liverpool with a fish and MY SON who is (or was at the time) only 5!!!!!!!!  he had no life jacket on.  were we stopped?  YES!  does he wear one when under way, absolutely.  people, it is no different than a GD helmet on a motorcycle, choose or not choose.  i wore a helmet on my dirt bike when i raced and it saved my freakin life, best $750 i ever spent.  it is a CHOICE that people have, it is called USA, get a fine, get a warning, whatever, get over it.  if the guy wants to kill his kid, the law will take care of it.  let the dam* judges take care of it.  i promise my kiddo has a dam* vest on when the boat is hauling can down the lake.  i am not going to listen to this.........this is nothing but a matter of CHOICE and sometimes the wrong choice is made.  

lock me, boot me, whatever, i dont care with this subject.  it is the responsibility of the PARENT to follow the law.  if they so chose not to, ticket them.  

do you wear a seat belt all the time in the car/truck?  sometimes people do not, guess what.............YOUR CHOICE!  you will pay the penalty, be it life, death or ticket.  

ENOUGH SAID

2007 Ranger 1750VS
Top Bottom  

Group: Pvt Pyle
LLF Fishing Legend

just for evidence

[attachment deleted by admin on post older than 730 days ]

2007 Ranger 1750VS
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Accidents can happen in a blink of an eye when the boat is not moving also.  I speak first hand from personal experience, as well as my Dad.  It only takes a second for something bad to happen, and the results could be devastating.  I have a 6yr old and a 9yr old and they have been in the boat with me, and their Vests go on when they get in the boat, and don't come off till the boat is on the trailer and out of the water.  That's my CHOICE!  The safest one too. Too each their own though.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

All i'm saying, is that if it bothers you, and you'd like to make a difference, say something.  Try to correct the situation by whistling at the guy, and when he looks, hold up a life vest.  He'll get the hint...if not, then take his picture and smear it all over every web site you can get it on.  But simply taking pictures while the guy isn't looking didn't do that little girl one bit of good.  You think that pic would have helped her float if the boat had capcised.  Maybe you were fishing from the bank, but it appears from the quality of the photo you were definately close enough to get his attention.  I'd be willing to bet, that he even waved at you as he passed.  Say something!!

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

My grandad retired on lake gibson in OK.  He said half the fishermen that drowned in the lake had their flies open.  It can happen in a blink of an eye.  And Drinking doesn't make you a better swimmer, nor will you float...for awhile anyway.  And remember that the last guys pulled from the lake HAD life vests on.  Cold water (hypothermia) kills too!

You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I'm turning pyle in cuz he lets his kid hold a catfish and the "horns" off of his fin could stab him in the heart.  I'm notifying CPS right now!  Tongue  Plus his camo doesn't match

icon_twisted  icon_twisted  icon_twisted  icon_twisted  icon_twisted  icon_twisted  icon_twisted
 Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool
 icon_twisted  icon_twisted  icon_twisted  icon_twisted  icon_twisted  icon_twisted  icon_twisted

PS    Beat a Dead Horse

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: