Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 15, 2018, 10:10:29 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
child safety  (Read 12321 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

That's great JDub... We all do stupid things.. It's great that he takes the kids fishing. But, if something had happened and that kid ended up drowning, he would be messed up forever. It would also effect all of us. It's too bad that there isn't a channel for more public info out there. Not everyone is on a site like this therefore info is limited.  Put that picture up at CT's and the word would get out pretty fast. As a matter of fact, with his permission, that would be a great photo to hang at ever bait and tackle shop as what not to do.

-------------------------
Crappie Fun on Lake Lavon!!
Mike Wilson
https://www.facebook.com/wylie.crappieman?ref=tn_tnmn

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Jdub.... can you enlighten us on what you did ?

Life isn't like a box of chocolates..... more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn you tomorrow !!
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I have a family member that is let's say in the "game" of texas parks and wildlife and who is also a "warden" of the state. Liverpool I will pm you soon. This person needs to learn that this little warning is a "LOT" less of a penelty than what could have happend if that little boat would have turned over and all those life jackets were strapped to a seat and not on this kid.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Quote from: "jdub"
I have a family member that is let's say in the "game" of texas parks and wildlife and who is also a "warden" of the state. Liverpool I will pm you soon. This person needs to learn that this little warning is a "LOT" less of a penelty than what could have happend if that little boat would have turned over and all those life jackets were strapped to a seat and not on this kid.

jdub, if I may read betwixt the lines here, can we assume the gentleman in the boat will get either a verbal or written warning from a state of texas employee in the near future ?  Shocked

Guess I'll go fishing just for the halibut  :-o
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

You betch my friend.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Sorry my didgits didn't work properly. You betcha my friend, that's if they are in a good mood. They don't take this sort of thing lightly.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

You just can't be too safe.....anything can happen and we don't want any repeats of individuals losing their lives in our lake.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Quote from: "jdub"

So can we take pictures of ski boats buzzing anchored fishing boats along the dam this summer?Huh???

Ask your game friend if there is a mailing address we can send pictures to.  Guess boat number is a requirement.

You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

yep ... i was waitin on this question for somebody  icon_lol

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I'll let it be known that this is a problem that needs to be addressed. Can't promise the results that this offense will be getting due to it's nature.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Heck.....I just hit them with my 6oz wieghts when they zoom by me. icon_twisted
Maybe next time I'll use 8/0 Kahle hook and slap them around with SS big gizzard shad.

Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect.
It just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

there are somethings we as catfisherman we will always have to deal with, but the safety of our children should always be of a concern to all

Mark Alexander
North Texas Trophy Cats
2008 Central Texas Catfish Classic Champions
"If your hands aren't slimey,then your having a bad day!"
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Quote from: "Wylie Crappieman"
Child protective services?

I agree that this person needs to be made aware of the regulations and potential dangers from not having her in an approved life vest but I think that in the future we should do our best to educate or make others aware without bashing them.  To suggest CPS even jokingly is going a bit far.  I have a 5 yr old daughter who I take to the lake often and I'm fully aware of the safety issues.  Others may not be- especially if it were someone relatively new to the sport.  Ignorance is not an excuse, but one of the best traits I've found exhibited on this forum is a willingness to share knowledge and a general good will that most members seem to display.

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

Quote from: "JohnnyD"

I agree that this person needs to be made aware of the regulations and potential dangers from not having her in an approved life vest but I think that in the future we should do our best to educate or make others aware without bashing them.  To suggest CPS even jokingly is going a bit far.  I have a 5 yr old daughter who I take to the lake often and I'm fully aware of the safety issues.  Others may not be- especially if it were someone relatively new to the sport.  Ignorance is not an excuse, but one of the best traits I've found exhibited on this forum is a willingness to share knowledge and a general good will that most members seem to display.

very weel said

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Quote from: "brent"
Quote from: "JohnnyD"

very weel said

Actually, I wasn't joking.. Just like gun safety.. it only takes once for that boat to tilt and that baby, is in the water with no life jacket.. When you get a fishing license, you get a book with the regulations.. There is a difference in ignorance.. and ignoring the law and pure common sense.. I have 3 kids.. losing one would be too much for me to bear. Seeing someone else lose one by being ignorant is hard for me to bear as well. That childs life was put at risk.. That's not a joking matter.  Not trying to be mean, here.. but there is nothing funny, about that..

Crappie Fun on Lake Lavon!!
Mike Wilson
https://www.facebook.com/wylie.crappieman?ref=tn_tnmn

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: