Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2018, 11:18:27 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
child safety  (Read 11193 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

Hey TX8161AB,
   If you read this please put a lifejacket on your child. Especially in such a small boat. you never know what can happen and I would hate that you had to live to regret one very simple choice.

[attachment deleted by admin on post older than 730 days ]

-------------------------
Life isn't like a box of chocolates..... more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn you tomorrow !!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

WOW!!!

Crappie Fun on Lake Lavon!!
Mike Wilson
https://www.facebook.com/wylie.crappieman?ref=tn_tnmn

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Not cool at all. It makes me sick to think of what could happen. I believe its the law to keep a life jacket on a child at all times. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if that photo ended up in the hands of the local game warden.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Texas law requires that all children under 13 years of age wear a U.S. Coast Guard—approved PFD while underway (not at anchor or moored or aground) on a vessel less than 26 feet long.

Seeing that picture is just a shame!! That's all I've got to say, as anything else I say would be "rated MATURE" and not appropriate to say on a forum.

Steven
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

That photo should be sent to the Wylie News ...Maybe they'll print it. Then hopefully the guy will realize that ignorance is no excuse. If something werte to happen to that little girl.. The whippin he needs would be too much... can you say negligent homicide?

Mike Wilson

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I see what appears to be life jackets tied around the front chair.  He couldn't get them off fast enough if he needed them.. plus I bet there isn't even one that fits the kid on the boat anyway.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Heck the life jacket was in the boat too, those little orange ones.  Craziness.  He didnt show his face to the camera.   icon_lol

Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

that was me being a bit discreet.

Life isn't like a box of chocolates..... more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn you tomorrow !!
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Quote from: "Wylie Crappieman"
That photo should be sent to the Wylie News ...Maybe they'll print it. Then hopefully the guy will realize that ignorance is no excuse. If something werte to happen to that little girl.. The whippin he needs would be too much... can you say negligent homicide?

Wylie, and if he is aware of the law, gross negligence.

Guess I'll go fishing just for the halibut  :-o
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Quote from: "Mugz"
Texas law requires that all children under 13 years of age wear a U.S. Coast Guard—approved PFD while underway (not at anchor or moored or aground) on a vessel less than 26 feet long.

I always thought it was "at all times", I didn't know you could remove their life vests when you achored or tied off...interesting.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

Quote from: "Deadweight"
Quote from: "Mugz"

I always thought it was "at all times", I didn't know you could remove their life vests when you achored or tied off...interesting.

It must have changed....thought I remembered it the same as you "at all times".  Mugz is correct as it is currently worded the way he posted.  Probably still the safest way for those young ones would be at all times...

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Ugh that's nauseating.   Sad

And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Trust me I searched for it for a while. I thought it was at all times under 13 years old. It's still the best way to go by far! I'm really thinking about sending that pic to someone that might be able to do something about it. Not so much as a fine, but they could run the TX#'s and send him one heck of a warning.

Steven
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Child protective services?

Mike Wilson

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Don't worry fellas...This matter has been taken care of.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: