Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2018, 03:27:59 AM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Lake Lavon Weather, Fishing Forcast, & Lake Level  (Read 28731 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

Dam still closed at 7am this morning since I drive over the 'wier' bridge on 78...

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I'm sure there is an obvious answer, but here goes...Why do they have to open the dam at all, as long as nothing is being flooded (houses roads etc...)? Wouldn't it be smarter to hang on to this water, for when we will need it this summer? Like I said, I'm sure there is a reason, I just don't know it!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

there is a level at which stuff does start to flood.  if it gets close to then a chance of a good rain could put more water in thean they can let out and then there is a big mess on their hands.  I would assume they keep a few feet extra and no more, but who knows.

They think their project will complete next year and they can maintain a constant level, so I doubt they are worried anymore.  

We got more rain this spring than anyone thought.

-------------------------
Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

Joe is right as I understand the priorities of the Lake:

1st Priority--Flood Control

2nd Priority--Water Supply

3rd Priority--Recreation

Top Bottom  

Group: Lavon Record Holder
LLF Fishing Legend

Well, Lavon is releasing water.  

2100 ft/sec.

Run hybrids run  icon_wink

"Everyone ought to believe in something, I believe I'll go fishing."
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

WOOOHOOOOO!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Just drove down to the dam.. 4 gates are open.. snakes everywhere.. also..be sure to watch for ants..and if you have a deterrent to chiggers..wear it!! Everything that has made a home on the dry ground that is now water, will be moving to high ground..Ants will be in balls..you don't want to have one of those on you. Chiggers..well good luck there.. I think there is some stuff called skin so soft that works wonders for them.,.I don't have any..if you are not up on that deck..you should be very careful.. I don't reccommend boats

Crappie Fun on Lake Lavon!!
Mike Wilson
https://www.facebook.com/wylie.crappieman?ref=tn_tnmn

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Wylies dead on with the Ants. The Ants have got me pretty good since the lakes come up. Alot of them are near the waters edge and not all mounds are very big or visible. Plus I usually have my mind on other things. If your banking it and step on something soft... move... and quickly!

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Wow, sounds pretty bad!

Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

yeh... the problem with them antballs are they just keep right on movin with the water lvl

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Quote from: "fishin1"
yeh... the problem with them antballs are they just keep right on movin with the water lvl

Lynn, those antballs may be on the move again.  Gates are closed with more rain forecast every day the next 6 days.  And shes at 3.39 above pool now....  icon_eek

Guess I'll go fishing just for the halibut  :-o
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

yea , i saw the gates are closed again . check out ray hubbards gate action ... 7000 cfm  icon_eek guess they're tryin to make some fast space for lavon when they open em back up . ray hubbards over a foot high right now ... they haveta drop it .

right now i'm hittin the water in a boat while we still can , guess we'll get to worry bout those dadgom antballs if they end up closin down our ramp . it don't look like i'll be back out to the point until it the water lvl drops or it's just to dam hot to hang out in a boat

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

last I saw the gauge said 498.30 around 6 pm.  Thats 6.3 ft over normal pool.   I think the spillway is 503, thats only 5 more feet.   icon_eek

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Why all of a sudden does Lavon have N/A instead of a level? Anybody?

Crappie Fun on Lake Lavon!!
Mike Wilson
https://www.facebook.com/wylie.crappieman?ref=tn_tnmn

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

in my amateur humble opinion the lake level rose so fast it busted the lake level measuring gizmo.   icon_rolleyes  plus, its the weekend.  They should have a lake level gizmo tech on call.  by the way, if the Army Corps of Engineers has a legal team, aren't they just a bunch of dam lawyers?

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Jump to: