Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2018, 09:39:56 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
18 year old boy drowns on Lavon  (Read 2231 times)

Lunker Extreme

Three 18 year old boys went fishing Sunday on Lavon. They used an old abandoned boat that had been abandoned for some time. They were reported to have gone out at Deep Water Point.  While they were fishing, the boat started to sink and some nearby fishermen rescued two of the boys. The third boy went under.  The Game Wardens were out in force today looking for a body. None of the boys had life preservers.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

that is very unfortunate....I hadn't heard about that.....  Sad

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Hate to hear news like that on our home lake or anyother for that matter. I just don't understand the decisions some people make at times when safety should be at the top of their list.

Jimmy
Early to bed early to rise. Fish all day and make up lies.
Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
LLF Fishing Legend

It saddens me to hear of a Fishing accident that could have been avoided by lifejackets.

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

They found the body just after noon today.  You have more details than I saw on the news or on Dallasnews.com.  It said the "east shore", but the picture on the news made it look like the west shore of the east arm or the east shore of the west arm.  Any info on where the drowning actually occurred?  Dallasnews.com said that two men drowned very close to that same location last year.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

yeah I remember 2 men drowning around mallard park last year..they were running trot lines in a canoe that capsized.  I may not always wear my lifejacket, but I at least have them close enough to me to grab if things get hairy.... plus being in an abandoned boat.. sad...

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: