Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 16, 2018, 05:02:48 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Fish fry  (Read 2416 times)
Lunker Extreme

Putting on a fish fry at work. How much fish would yawl sit out for 30 people?

-------------------------
Jimmy
Early to bed early to rise. Fish all day and make up lies.
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I would say if you had sides like potato salad etc 3 decent size fillets would be enough for most people...you will have some that will eat more and some will eat less.  when i do fish fries with my family, that amount works for me...If you have smaller fillets you might want to bump that up some....

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Thanks Shawn. I've cooked on a pit for 75 people once and lots more pit cooking but never had to plan frying fish for this many people. I cook a lot of fish, probably three times a week on the average but it's alway's 5 to 8 people. I'll use your method.

Jimmy
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

We usually have a huge fish fry every 4th of July for our family reunion where 80-90 people show up.  My two brothers-in-law contribute most of the fish, I would starve everyone to death on what I catch.  But I have found if you take 1 gallon freezer bags and lay the filets out flat no more than say 3/4 to 1 inch thick then add water to cover the filets and slowly squeeze the air out and seal the bag and freeze them, they are very fast to thaw and can be used in small quantities for individual meals if needed.  I think I put the filets from about 5 or 6 fish in each bag.  Fewer if my wife caught them and more if I caught them.  She always catches bigger fish than I do.  icon_redface   We use one of those portable propane deep fat fryers and get a big jug of cooking oil from Sam's. P.S. where do you work?

If it only takes one truck for the government to haul off all your guns then you don't own enough guns!
Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
Lunker Extreme

Jimmy,  we always figure 1/2 pound per person.  Some eat more some less.  Better to have too much then not enough icon_wink

Jerry

www.NorthTexasGuideService.com
04' Crappie USA Region 4 Champion
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

These city people can eat some fish guy's. Had the fish fry Sunday at work. I took 14 quart bags of fillets, had fries and coleslaw. fed 32 people and had 4 fillets left over. Thier still talking about that fish this morning.  icon_lol

Jimmy
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: