Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2018, 08:14:23 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Awesome Helicopter Pic!  (Read 3315 times)
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I got an email with this....this is pretty cool.  I suspect this takes quite a bit of skill especially considering this is behind the helicopter with (I assume) very limited view of the pilot

----------email--------------

If you don't think our military pilots earn their pay ... you need to take a look at this picture ... and then look again and realize what you're seeing

This photo was taken by a soldier in Afghanistan of a helo rescue mission. The pilot is a PA Guard guy who flies EMS choppers in civilian life. Now how many people on the planet you reckon could set the butt end of a chopper down on the roof top of a shack on a steep mountain cliff and hold it there while soldiers load wounded men in the rear??? If this does not impress you ... nothing ever will. ...imagine having the nerve . . and the talent . . . and ability?  God Bless our military!!!!!

-------end of email------------

I checked it out on snopes and it is real pic (the actual story varies, but picture is legit)
http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/rooftop.asp

[attachment deleted by admin on post older than 730 days ]

Top Bottom  

Lunker

as a fmr marine helo man, i can say that this kind of maneuver is practiced regularly and implemented when needed...takes alot of communication between the pilot and the crewchief...however, it is not that difficult to pull off...we actually did it on much tougher terrain..it is cool to see...this is an army ch47...

Top Bottom  

Lunker

as a fmr marine helo man, i can say that this kind of maneuver is practiced regularly and implemented when needed...takes alot of communication between the pilot and the crewchief...however, it is not that difficult to pull off...we actually did it on much tougher terrain..it is cool to see...this is an army ch47...

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: