Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2018, 10:22:52 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Pond Management  (Read 988 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

I hear a lot of talk about how many fish to take from a pond etc. The best source of info on pond management is Billy Higginbottom at the A&M Research Station in Overton.  They give out tons of info for free and occassionally have seminars in this area for a reasonable fee. I think I paid 35 bucks a few years ago.  I was told you need to treat a pond like a crop and harvest  the catfish on a regular basis.  A typical 2 acre east Texas pond is capable of producing 700 lbs of fish a year if the conditions are right.  I'll look up my notes and give some more info later.  But by far most ponds are under fished and the results are midgets.  Another fun thing to do is to bring in a big flathead or blue into a small city pond and watch the kids talk about "Jaws" until one of them eventually ends up with his picture in the paper and hooked on fishing for life.  I knew of a guide in Tarrant County who used to do that all through the 70's and 80's.  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

-------------------------
If it only takes one truck for the government to haul off all your guns then you don't own enough guns!
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: