Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2018, 06:16:50 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
new section  (Read 10390 times)
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

is there a way to set up a section that you have to get permission from a mod to get into it. and have certain amout of posts before you get permission. does this makes sense..

members only w/ a lunker status

so we can post info that the whole world doesnt see . maybe cell phones or honey holes icon_wink

Top Bottom  

Group: Legend in His Own Mind
LLF Fishing Legend

i think thats a good idea, but can "legends in their own mind" and "pvt pyle" status get into the special club  Smiley

-------------------------
Team Pyle & Clyde
If a southern woman is a "Southern Bell", is a mexican woman a "Taco Bell"?
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I like the idea of cell #'s but how many posts would we have to make before we could use it ?.

Top Bottom  

Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I think a forum that is accessable to people with a certain title or number of posts is possible. I think thought that part of this forum is to share information and help others out that are new to the group. That will create kind if a "good ol boys" club. Thoughts?

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I think your right but what about a place not to chat but just for cell #'s for lake emergencys.I guess it would be just for the people that wanted to post their #'s .

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Let me see what I can do. I might be able to set something up for contacts and make it where you have to have like 20 posts to see it. That was lurkers and search engines wont pick them up.

Try going to Google and put your name or phone numbers in there. You might be surprised what you find.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

the only other way would be to get some PM's going and play tag with it.  After a while, you could have a good list of numbers that you put in your cell.  wit h this group of guys, there is no reason to have someone stuck out on the lake.  WHen we had out mishap the other day, the first thing I did as start thinking of who was on the lake.

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I am going to create a phone book that you will have to log into and then you can add your contact information. I dont want to make it part of this forum. It wouldnt work that well.

I need a phone book administrator that will give out login information to people. I just dont have to time to be the approver.

If you are interested in being the gatekeeper for this send me a PM. As soon as I have it installed and ready I will post the details.

Scott

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

good idea brent.  I have been thinking about the need to create something with at least phone numbers in it.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I have a number of a man that was willing to come get me but i didn't get his number until i was halfway to the ramp,if i had lost my prop completely i woulda called him.I'll talk to him tomorrow and see if i can post his # some way for anybody to use.

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

i think a phone book is fine i just mentioned honey holes becuase of so many lurkers. then they would have to join and share w/ the rest of us. its already a good ol boys club(and the best on the internet)  icon_wink

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

The contacts database is all set up.

Send brent a PM and he will give you the login. Set yourself up and be careful. I have removed the edit feature since this is a shared address book. If your contact info changes let brent know.

http://www.northtexasfishing.com/contacts/

Scott

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I've tried almost all day yesterday to access it and i'm locked out.  :?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Me too. I've got a password from Brent. The page askes for my email address, I tried my email that I use on this site, that didn't work and I also tried using my sign on name for this site, that didn't work either.

Any clues ?

Life isn't like a box of chocolates..... more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn you tomorrow !!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Brent sent me a sign in email and password together and that's what I use to log in with.

Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect.
It just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: