Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 12:50:00 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Boating Safety Class?  (Read 4822 times)
Lunker

Would anybody be interested in having a boating safety class run for the LLF members? It's free of charge, but takes a little time to setup (booklets have to be ordered, etc.). The CG Auxiliary offers them, and I know they'd be willing to do one or two for the members here.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I think it would be great especially if we bring our grandkids so they can see for themselves that what we are telling them is really for their best interest.

-------------------------
If it only takes one truck for the government to haul off all your guns then you don't own enough guns!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I am new to boating and have had lots of advice that I really appreciate but I think we (Me and Shelly ) would benefit from the course.

I believe that at least two people in a boat should be fully competent to manage any situation, and as far as kid control goes, I think Arborist makes a great point . get them to respect the safety aspects of boating from an early age.

Life isn't like a box of chocolates..... more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn you tomorrow !!
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I"m interested.  Can we get our boats checked at this?

WE might want to put flyers up at the boat ramp restrooms to get the lake lice to come.

You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

I think this is a great idea and would participate if at all possible. It would be great if everyone who operated any craft on water be required to take these courses.  The ones that need it most probably think they already know enough

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I have often thought about taking a boating safety class, especially after a few of our mishaps.  I would game to spend an evening or a day learning how I am 'supposed' to operate my boat.

Top Bottom  

Group: Lavon Record Holder
LLF Fishing Legend

Count me in....

Had a situation on saturday the scared the you know what out of me and Trophy Cat involving another boat.

You can never be too safe.

Dave

"Everyone ought to believe in something, I believe I'll go fishing."
Top Bottom  
Lunker

Does anyone have a preferred date? It could be a Saturday in June - the 10th, 17th or 24th. We'd also need a place to do hold the meeting.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom  
Minnow

I would be interested and it sounds like a great idea.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Did Nick Harper get in touch with anyone? Just curious, as I haven't heard anything.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Nick did send out an email.  I am attending class with him tonight at his house.  Joe can't make it, so anyone else interested?

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I would like to attend this as well, and think it would be a great help to all that attended.

Steven
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Nick's class that I am attending tonight is the 7 hour class that he says he can teach in 2 hours.  Tonight from 7pm till done.

Hopefully I can still get home before the last quarter of the game tonight.

PM me if interested in attending in place of Joe.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I would sign up for a boating safety class.  Just let me know when and where.   Smiley

Guess I'll go fishing just for the halibut  :-o
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Phisher

If you get hold of Mark windsor he will help you out.

I did the course last year and it was very useful. It helped me most in the traffic management section. who yields to who  etc.

It is also good on the preparation and legal side.

I think the one thing the session addresses but can not replace real life is knowing your boat.

Know the weather , know the lake , and know the capabilities of your boat. south wind 15mph is perfect on some lake s around here but could be a nightmare on others.  Do you have john boat , deep V, what waves can it handle ?  If you are trouble how well prepared are you and what should you do next ?

All these things will be discussed generally.

It won't make your boating time safe but it will make you a safer boater, mainly through your new found awareness.

Life isn't like a box of chocolates..... more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn you tomorrow !!
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: