Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2018, 04:45:43 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
New Battery for my Boat  (Read 3360 times)
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Legend

Alright I am going to get a new battery for my boat (77Ranger with 115 evinrude) and would like some imput from people who have gotten batterys lately.

1. Has any one had a bad experience with any brands of batterys?

2. I planned on just going to Wal-Mart and getting one. Does anyone know a cheaper place?

I dont want a battery that I have to take a loan out to get but want one that will withstand the Texas Climate. (If there is such a Battery icon_lol )

-------------------------
Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I know a fella that works for interstate batteries.  They claim to make 90% of them.  Then others just slap a sticker on them.

You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
LLF Fishing Legend

I would not doubt it...It seems like there are really only a few companys that make stuff anymore. They just own little companys with different names to make you think you have a variety..

Oh well... icon_lol

Steve, I should have my boat and truck all put back together here in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know when and we can meet up and hit the lake.

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I had a Delco Voyager for about 8 years before it went bad. If I ever get another thats what it will be. Can't tell ya the cost on em nowadays though, Sorry.

Jim reed
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Academy and Sam's would be where I would try.  Be sure that you're getting the most CCA and/or reserve power you can... You should spend under $80 (that's shooting high).  Of course, I have a Sam's and an Academy within a mile of each other, so I'm spoiled.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Good thinkin!!!! I forgot that Sam's sells batterys.

Thanks for the Advice Cheesy

Adam
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

went to Sam's in Plano Today. Ended up with a Stowaway Tourny Battery for $54...Cheaper than I was expecting...Thanks for the input..I should be back on the lake next week..Look for my ugly Blue Ranger thats Not catching fish and that will be Me  icon_lol

Adam
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Quote from: "Adam"
went to Sam's in Plano Today. Ended up with a Stowaway Tourny Battery for $54...Cheaper than I was expecting...Thanks for the input..I should be back on the lake next week..Look for my ugly Blue Ranger thats Not catching fish and that will be Me  icon_lol

That'll change when you get your CKat Cheesy

Jim reed
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Quote from: "Adam"
went to Sam's in Plano Today. Ended up with a Stowaway Tourny Battery for $54...Cheaper than I was expecting...

Okay, the extra that you were expecting to spend can be sent to me.  Or, better yet, send me a t-shirt, two bumper stickers and two round stickers that say I'm a supporting member Smiley...

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: