Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2018, 12:11:37 PM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
sand bass are running  (Read 6781 times)

Minnow

Yes.  Lowry crossing and the log jam is where 546 crosses that creek.  You can park on the east side of the bridge.  From the bridge, you can go north or south.  There is a well developed trail on the east side of the creek going north with lot's of fishy looking spots.  I went there in Feb, but no luck.

I've fished south, but it's much more difficult to go that way.  There is kind of a trail on the west side, but it was really overgrown.  Take the shortest pole you have because it's nearly impossible to take a long pole.

Not sure how the sandy's make it past the log jam, but apparently where there's a will....

How are you embedding your images???

Parked on East Side of bridge East Fork Trinity at 546 Lowry Crossing and caught these record Sandy's from the creek on 6 lb test. One definitely beat the East Fork Record. It was 15 inches, 1.5 lbs! The other was slightly smaller. Caught 4 sandbass total in about an hour and a few small crappie. I was below the log jam about 25 yards south of the bridge. Gonna try north of the bridge the next day we get with good weather. Caught them on the spinner you see in the first picture. I could have probably caught my limit, but had not yet found this forum on the spot saying it's okay to park east of the bridge. I am almost positive there are largmouth in the creek, but the banks are steep and getting one up on 6 lb test would be challenging.

JOIN FISHONFISHSTORIES YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8nOzyO4AcOYPyulGRmRkw

Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:24:14 PM by FishonFishStoriesYouTube

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

icon_cool very nice  icon_biggrin

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

EPIC bump of a 14 year old thread  icon_eek

Top Bottom  

Minnow

EPIC bump of a 14 year old thread  icon_eek
I went back out just before this rain hit and scored 4 more white bass and two small crappie. Definitley a great spot. If you have 4x4 like myself, you can actually drive all the way in to the waters edge and the bridge! I'll be back as soon as the weather warms again and it dries out. Should be some good flow in the creek, which the bass like for the spawn. It should only get better from here. Like I said, these were trophy white bass.

Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:07:07 AM by FishonFishStoriesYouTube

Top Bottom  
Lunker

All -

36 CFR 327.2(c) specifically prohibits driving off road on USACE property as described in the post above.  The text of that section reads "The operation and/or parking of a vehicle off authorized roadways is prohibited except at locations designated by the District Commander.  Taking any vehicle through, around or beyond a restrictive sign, recognizable barricade, fence or traffic control barrier is prohibited."  The maximum punishment for violation of 36 CFR 327 is a fine of not more than $5,000 or imprisonment for not more than 6 months or both. 

Illegal off road activity directly and negatively affects the lake and watershed you all love to fish.  We are committed to continued stewardship of the lands and waters here at Lavon Lake.  We need your assistance to ensure that this kind of illegal activity is not promoted and does not occur.  Please park in appropriate areas and walk to your destination. 

As always, please remember to wear your life jackets! 

Respectfully,
Ranger Perrin

Top Bottom  

Minnow

All -

36 CFR 327.2(c) specifically prohibits driving off road on USACE property as described in the post above.  The text of that section reads "The operation and/or parking of a vehicle off authorized roadways is prohibited except at locations designated by the District Commander.  Taking any vehicle through, around or beyond a restrictive sign, recognizable barricade, fence or traffic control barrier is prohibited."  The maximum punishment for violation of 36 CFR 327 is a fine of not more than $5,000 or imprisonment for not more than 6 months or both.  

Illegal off road activity directly and negatively affects the lake and watershed you all love to fish.  We are committed to continued stewardship of the lands and waters here at Lavon Lake.  We need your assistance to ensure that this kind of illegal activity is not promoted and does not occur.  Please park in appropriate areas and walk to your destination.  

As always, please remember to wear your life jackets!  

Respectfully,
Ranger Perrin

So, is it okay to park just off the road at that intersection without driving off road to the water's edge? There is a small area just off the road where I have seen some cars parked as you approach the intersection of the highway. I just want to fish and be within the law and not get in trouble.

The area I would like to park in is in the attachment. It's Bridgefarmer Road, about 50 yards from the intersection directly across the street from the house you see pictured. Please confirm, so I do not get ticketed while parked there.

Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:05:27 AM by FishonFishStoriesYouTube

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: