Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2018, 07:31:39 PM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
sand bass are running  (Read 6371 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

Caught 9 keepers, 3 dinks near the trinity yesterday in about 2 hours.  Most were caught on white roadrunners and in line spinners.  The first 4 were caught on Chartreuse head (roadrunner) with a green gray bass assasin body.

Caught them at noon on the dark roadrunners.  In the evening they seemed to prefer white.

This same pattern should hold for below the dam and at Lowry's crossing.

7 of the fish were females, 2 had immature egg sacks, the others were loaded.

Went fishing with the master of bank fishing "Rudy aka lovfldx".

I'll be back at it today.

-------------------------
You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  

Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

Steve,

Where were you approx. if you don't mind? Were you off of 380 at the East Fork Trinity? I am not that familiar with the creeks and rivers around here, but I love to get out of the boat and walk the banks of a creek or river when the fish are running.

Scott

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I was in Dallas near Texas Stadium.    I work near Love field.  There are several honey holes in the area.  This is one.  I'll take you sometime when the war is over.  Can't get there now.  Rudy and I were told not to come back yesterday (went back today of course.).

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
Lunker Extreme

You can park at Lowry Crossings and walk the banks. I hear thet were doing quite well last weekend.

Jerry

www.NorthTexasGuideService.com
04' Crappie USA Region 4 Champion
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

North or South of Lowry Crossing?  North is easier to walk, but that logjam under the bridge makes me think they would be south of the bridge.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

icon_lol DONT WORRY ABOUT THAT LOG JAM MY FRIEND AND I CAUGHT 100 SB ON THE 26TH AND 33 ON THE 27TH AND WE WERE ALL THE WAY UP TO HIGHRIDGE FARMS ALMOST TO 380.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Is this the creek you are talking about? Where about are you fishing?

Thanks,

Scott

[attachment deleted by admin on post older than 730 days ]

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Yes.  Lowry crossing and the log jam is where 546 crosses that creek.  You can park on the east side of the bridge.  From the bridge, you can go north or south.  There is a well developed trail on the east side of the creek going north with lot's of fishy looking spots.  I went there in Feb, but no luck.

I've fished south, but it's much more difficult to go that way.  There is kind of a trail on the west side, but it was really overgrown.  Take the shortest pole you have because it's nearly impossible to take a long pole.

Not sure how the sandy's make it past the log jam, but apparently where there's a will....

How are you embedding your images???

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Steve. Thanks for the info. I post the image into the body using the file upload at the bottom of this post window. It automatically places it there.

Scott

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I'm gonna have to try it. I love fishing in creeks. Is it big enough to get down with a one man raft? I have done that on the Lampassas River near Ft. Hood and killed them. Those fish way back in there havent seen a lure in their life!

Scott

Top Bottom  
Lunker

I've been up that creek from the lake in a jon boat, you can only get so far until you hit another log jam, but there's good fishing in there.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

icon_lol SBURSIK
i was fishing almost exactly where your red arrow is on the map

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I should be a guide then! I can find fish even from 20,000 feet!

Scott

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Steve-O  the log jam is gone and has been for about a month.  Its been cleared out to the west bank.  Been down there a few thimes in the past  1 1/2 weeks and picked up three (crappie) both times.

SCOTT

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
Lunker Extreme

I have walked every single foot of the creek below Highridge Farms. I grew up with a guy that lived down there and we would camp and fish every weekend this time of year.

Logjams won't stop fish just boats.   Cool

Jerry

www.NorthTexasGuideService.com
04' Crappie USA Region 4 Champion
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: