Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 07:56:02 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
Richland Chambers  (Read 17568 times)
Lunker Extreme

I guess the reason that not very many big fish are weighed in at RC is because its so over populated with 3 to 5 pounders or what?  You would think their would have to be some deep humps or leveys that are holding the bigger fish!  Guess a good day of prefishing with a good map and GPS will do the trick!

-Daniel-

-------------------------
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

There's some major structure on that lake that ought to hold a lot of big cats throughout the year.

You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  

Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

We have fished ACATS there and there were LOTS of box fish and some larger fish but no monsters. I bet that lake will be a great blue cat fishery in a few years as they have time to grow.

Scott

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I bought a map of RC and there sure are a lot of old roads, ponds, levees, houses and oil wells in that lake.  And a lot of timber.

Anybody know how old this lake is?

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

It was impounded in 1987!  So not very old!

-daniel

Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
Top Bottom  

Group: Lavon Record Holder
LLF Fishing Legend

Study you maps well. The 309 flats got some really shallow water near deeper water. Be careful.  Smiley

When the lake first opened, David King and myself were in his stick stear, running in 40 feet of water. I looked down and could see the bottom that fast.
That will get your attention.  icon_rolleyes

"Everyone ought to believe in something, I believe I'll go fishing."
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

That is no joke.  Something else about RC you have to be careful of is stumps.  I have been moving fast on 30' of open water, middle of the lake, and pasted a big tree stump.   I couldn't believe it.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

That was another thing I noticed about the lake.  It has many places where the contour lines are very close, the bottom appears to drop quickly.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I got a map yesterday and took a look at it last night. Thats one crazy bottom of a lake.  I like some of the points of interest like oil wells and truck body !! guess someone couldn't get their truck started the day they decided to fill her in  icon_eek  

A lot of the timber semed to be in 40+ft of water too. And then "heavy timber" in really deep water also.

should be very interesting.  Ed how's your head ?  are you still at 2 miles visibility  Cheesy

Life isn't like a box of chocolates..... more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn you tomorrow !!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Will there be more pro angler reel discounts at RC ?

Life isn't like a box of chocolates..... more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn you tomorrow !!
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I had trouble getting through the door when I got home, but other than that no problem.  Now Joe will have to find someone to fish with since there is not enough room for both him and my head in the same boat.

I am starting to get pretty excited about fishing RC.  I have only catfished on Lavon, haven't even been to Hubbard, although that should be changing in the next 2 weeks.  But RC is starting to excite me.  Joe and I were talking tonight, and we may be booking a room there the night before the tourney also.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

My partner said he has the hook up on us somewhere to stay since he is originally from Corsicana, so we will probably end up sleeping in the parking lot somewhere in my truck if his hookup goes like it always does  icon_lol  But I plan on getting down there Friday night myself.There is a pretty cool bar on the lake , forgot the name of it though.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Any body know anything about the camping at oak cove marina, me and my partner are thinking about camping there?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

A parking lot is a parking lot  icon_lol  icon_lol

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I'll be there friday night too.  We should fry up some fish that night.  I have a few freezer bags full.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up

Jump to: