Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2018, 09:03:10 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Lucus Ed's Funnoodle Jug project (Improved design)  (Read 26457 times)
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I have heard redneck over on whiskerkitty say he has some white but I don't know where he got it..... TX law says all non commercial jugs have to be white

Top Bottom  
Minnow

You can buy similar jugs at fishing_n_friends.com almost cheaper than you can make them. I bought mudcats flaggin jugs, and they work great, almost the same thing. only they are white, have to pay shipping tho.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

The jugs on the site www.fish-n-friends.com are $62.50 for 10 jugs and they do not include the weights or shipping costs.  Cutting the steel bar for weights is a major step in the process.  The shipping costs would approx. be $19 to Dallas.  The steel rod bar is $4.   So $62.50 +$4 +$19 = $85.50   Which nets out at $8.55 each..... you can make them yourself for $3.50 each.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Lunker

There is a new guy on here named Coleman who does HVAC work.  I wonder if he has access to any white pipe insulation (solid - not split).  Coleman are you there?

The stuff whiskerkitty uses looks more like pipe insulation than a noodle (from the pictures on the internet).

I would like to buy some white noodle or pipe insulation if anybody knows where I can get it.

Thanks,
Greg

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Thats tru, or you could buy the jug only for $3.50= $35.00 + $8.00 shipping, just seems like alot of running around , and work to make them myself+ don't have a grinder or a vise+ how do i get them white? I would hate to pay $200.00 fine for that. just a thought, I use coke bottles , and do a lot of juggin, and do just fine,but they don't flag.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

You can get them to flag by putting sand in them.  When you put them out level the sand to be even across the bottle. Get a trot line pin and use a zip tie to put it on the neck of the bottle.  When your at the depth you want, wrapped it a couple of times and clip it.  When you get a bite and it pulls on the neck, the sand will run to the neck (top) of the bottle and you know you have a fish or bite.  Re-level it after you check it, just keep it in site and you could double your catch.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Has anyone figured out where to get the noodle in white? I've looked all over this forum and can't find it.

President Central Texas Catfish
http://www.centraltexascatfish.com
Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
LLF Fishing Legend

I have been looking....I emailed the company that created the "Fun Noodles"(I told them to rename them to "Jug Flotation Enhancers"  icon_lol ) and this is what they sent me.

Hi Adam:

Good day to you.

We do not produce any white pool toys at this time.  However, we do produce white pipe insulation.  The problem is , not all of our distributors carries it.  It is however available to all of our distributors.  The distributor for your area is West Way Sales.  Their phone # is 972-216-1080.  Please give them a call and ask them to order it in for you.  (White pipe insulation is available in selective sizes)

Thanks, Deon

Deon Amiel
Sales Co-ordinator
Industrial Thermo Polymers Limited
1-800-387-3847 # 223

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I have a case of White Noodles that are extra long and are 71 inches long.  This gives you 10 7-inch long noodles for jugs.   When you use these go to a 1 1/4 inch dia. PVC rather than 1 inch.

If anyone wants one they are $10 each.

[attachment deleted by admin on post older than 730 days ]

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

So I figure $1 per jug for the white noodle.  (Cost was $.50 per 7".)

That makes the overall cost of ONE jug $4.  That's tax, title, license, and shipping.  That's brick, steel rod and all.

That makes 15 noodles a $60 project.  Not bad!

Notice the egg crate of noodles and the egg crate of bricks in the photo.  Really easy setting them out and storing them.  

I've noted that if I had access to those little orange flags the city puts in my yard every time someone wants to know where "NOT" to dig, they would make some nice "toppers" for these jugs.  Nothing like a pretty orange flag to get your attention.  Improvements abound, but the overall design is sound.  If you don't believe me, look at all of the other jugs for sale that are identical.  Let the record show that you saw it here first on LLF!

LucasEd is the man!

You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

I got this in an email today... he may be referring to Adam's inquiry or some one else on this board. I responded telling him  I would pass along the info...

-----Original Message-----
From: selfownership@yahoo.com [mailto:selfownership@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 2:29 PM
To: Questions@lakelavonfishing.com
Subject: Lakelavonfishing contact form from Jerry Ruell

Lakelavonfishing contact form from Jerry Ruell

*Name:  Jerry Ruell
*e-mail address:  selfownership@yahoo.com
*Comments:  I heard that you are looking for some closed cell Polyolefin tubing for making catfish \"jugs\" that are make with PVC pipe and foam pipe insulation.

We are International Insulation out of Oklahoma. We have what you  need in stock. Call us at 918-357-2271 to place an order.

Jerry Ruell

Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
LLF Fishing Legend

I have uploaded new photos in the original post that show the jugs done with the all legal white noodle

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Does Mudcat over on Lake Houston know about this?

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Know about what?

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: