Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2018, 12:43:05 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
bank fishing.  (Read 11243 times)
Minnow

We should  have a section about bank fishing. I for one don't own a boat and I bet other members don't either. It would be great to have this section so that we can inform each other of techniques, types of fish biting, and anything that can be related to bank fishing. Just my two cents.  icon_wink

Top Bottom  
Lunker

I'm right there with a brotha. I own a boat but sometimes I just want to sit on the bank and relax!
Go to the CATFISH section and go to page 6 or 7 and find the post "Bank Spots" and lou_a has a map of some good spots. I've tried the ones over by Brockdale this spring and did o.k. with the cats.

-------------------------
I FISH...THEREFORE I AM!
Top Bottom  

Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

We discussed it and since most of them time when you are bank fishing you are still tageting a species we will just keep the bank fishing posts under the species they are referencing.

On the "other" forum they are about more than one lake so it makes more sense because they talk about specific ponds and stuff in the area.

Someone needs to start www.texaspondfishing.com !

That would be cool!

Thanks for the suggestions!

ScottB

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Las Colinas canals have big bass and even bigger cats. Ponds off of 114 and Wingren have excellent bass. Only reason I hated moving from Irving was the great fishing on all the ponds on and off the golf courses!

I FISH...THEREFORE I AM!
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Thanks for the input. Thought I would give it a try. I have gone out to lavon and haven't  cought a thing.  icon_evil  Sad

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

If you are trying to catch fish in July and August, welcome to the club.  It's tough for everyone.  Example:  ACATS 1st place today was 50 lbs.  Our Catfish tourney in February was won with 222 lbs icon_eek And I think there were 5 teams over 50 lbs.

July and August are the worst months for fishing in Texas...period.

You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I don't know about that.... it may be hard to catch big fish, but many anglers say this is the most predictable time to fish.. you know crappie are gonna be 12-18ft on brush..you know sandbass are gonna be schooling and can usually find them some what easily etc..... I've caught very few sandbass in the winter, and until jerry started spider trolling we all thought the crappie went to bermuda for the winter....

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I agree that summertime can be the worst time to try and catch fish.  Catfish can be easily targeted during the winter months.  You watch, the pics of cats will increase on this site as it gets colder and colder, then spring will hit and fish will still be caught.  

You can always catch fish, you just might have to work on it a little harder.  Bank spots will produce good fish during the colder months.  I however, don't know why folks with a boat would want to sit on the bank.

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

It's not just here where the summer is the worst time to fish, August was about the worst time to fish on Long Island. The spring and fall were always better. Bank fishing mid-summer here is tough, it's just to dang hot and less likely you'll be rewarded for your efforts.

I'll not lobby to hard for a "Bank" section. While I don't "target" fish in particular, catfish are usually pretty cooperative and I wind up catching more of these, so most of my posts wind up in "catfish".

Some of the benefits of bank fishing are:

Cheaper: No boat to buy, maintain, store, and insure.
Better Exercise: You get to walk around/ move around more.
Less Planning: I may be wrong here but seems bank fishing can be done on the pur of the moment. A boat requires a little planning.

So if you don't have a boat and want to fish nothing can stop you. The doldrums of summer are over and the weather will be comfortable soon. So go get some cheap tackle, buy some worms from your local bait shop or Walmart, get away from it all, and go wet your lines. Who knows, you may catch something.
And while out there look around a bit and enjoy the wildlife!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I don't have a boat but rarely fish stand or sitting on the bank unless I'm just taking the kids..

I either wade or tube.. This gives me access to a little deeper water.. Soon I'll add a 20 horse to my tube.. Woooohoooo!!!

Crappie Fun on Lake Lavon!!
Mike Wilson
https://www.facebook.com/wylie.crappieman?ref=tn_tnmn

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Well it's been a while since I posted this. Things have changed since then, my buddy bought a boat. Dam does it feel good to fish from a boat. Thanks for the replies and suggestions. By the way I would really like a peak at that 20hp tube. icon_eek

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Actually it's about a 17lb thrust min kota

Crappie Fun on Lake Lavon!!
Mike Wilson
https://www.facebook.com/wylie.crappieman?ref=tn_tnmn

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I went over to Adam's yesterday to talk computer junk and he said very few people ever use the search feature here to find posts relevant to a certain topic.  It is easy to use and is very helpful to find stuff from previous years - for example this past fall and winter the lake was at normal levels so the lake was very different than it is now.  Try looking up posts from year before last (03-04) fall/winter when the lake was 7 feet low and check out bank fishing or fishing under the birds, etc.    icon_idea  icon_idea  icon_idea

If it only takes one truck for the government to haul off all your guns then you don't own enough guns!
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: