Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2018, 08:56:45 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Personal Message Inbox Size Limits  (Read 4455 times)
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

We are starting to see some squirrelly things happen with people's personal message inboxes such as not getting notified of personal messages that have arrived, or having them not show up in your inbox immediately.  We think this has to do with the size of the personal message database.  If you are like me, you have never deleted a personal message out of your inbox or sent box EVER  icon_eek !  For some of us, that means we have 100's if not 1000's .  We are going to have to set a limit on the size of your inbox and sent box to make sure things continue to run smoothly.

We are gonna give everyone 3 weeks to clean up any old personal messages that aren't important, then we are going to enable the size restrictions for both the inbox and sent box.  If you are over the limit, you will not be able to send any PMs.  This will make the database more stable and help us in the long run.

If you have any questions, email questions@lakelavonfishing.com.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Adam has added an export feature to personal messages.  This will allow you to export anything in your inbox, sent and saved box.  When you export it, just save it, and will you have a file that you can go back and read through your internet browser.   Once you save them, you can go and delete them without worry of loosing any past PM's.

Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
LLF Fishing Legend

When you go into your Personal messages there will be an export button now. click on it and it should open a new window. Then click on File save as and save the file as HTML. This will give you a snapshot of your Inbox, savebox, and sentbox. You can save the file as anything you want but HTML will allow you to keep pictures if you have any.

This will not delete anything from your personal messages. The export is controled by your session ID that is created when you login. NO one else can export your Personal Messages unless they can login as you.

And you still need to clean up your Personal messags folders. this just helps you archive stuff you want to keep.

-------------------------
Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
LLF Fishing Legend

By the way...Be carefull of the delete all button...It does delete ALL messages.

-------------------------
Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Just a reminder.. we have about 1 wk left....

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: