Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2018, 07:59:09 AM

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Best day fishing I have ever had on lavon  (Read 15429 times)

Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

Fantastic pics and congrats! What a haul. Truely the Catfish Kings!

ScottB

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Fantastic guys, looks like a catch that may put our little lake on the map.

Be careful what you ask for....

looks like some great fish....will give an update later today...

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Cheesy  Great job to all guys . That is one heck of a day fishing. Will see you at the Dallas boat show tonight . Danny King and I have a seminar tonight at 7:30 (YA COME).  Cool

-------------------------
LARRY    
3 TIME CLASSIC WINNER/ 2 TIMES YEAR ANGLER / 2 TIME BASSPRO WINNER
Top Bottom  

Group: Lavon Record Holder
LLF Fishing Legend

Excellent job fellas. What a day of fishing. I don't think Lavon will be considered a "sleeper" anymore.  Tongue

Imagine what some wind would have done for ya.  

Congratulations Tex & Jerry.

Dave

"Everyone ought to believe in something, I believe I'll go fishing."
Top Bottom  
Lunker

Absolutely amazing!!!  And to do all that with Al Linder in the boat.  Way to go Jerry and Tex!!!  That had to be the thrill of a lifetime.  Just wondering, did Al say how that ranked against all his other fishing trips?  I know he's fished for everything that swims all over the world, but he had to be pretty impressed.

Fishin' in Memory of the Best Fisherman in the World--My Grandad
Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

dang johnny thought i as the only one that does my homework. if people would read this forum has way more than just posts and pics. its a great fishing journal with priceless information. i have printed tons of info from this forum incase shawn decides to pull the plug

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Quote from: "Jerry"
And we had Al Lindner in the boat icon_eek

The best 10 weighed 286#'s Cool   Lost 9 more monsters icon_rolleyes  Didn't even weigh the small 12-15# fish.  IT was awesome Smiley

Wish I could say the same.  I spent my day at the dam...  fish jumping alllllllllllllll over the river and I didn't get one bite.  The worst part of my story is the same thing happed on Monday.  Today I was the only one there for qite awhile...   No one, me all by myself and NOT ONE SINGLE BITE!!!    Hints???  I tried top waters, chicken liver, corn, bacon, YUM shad spray on my majic shad.  I couldn't even catch a brim or shad to use for bait!!!!   Still those silly fish were doing jumping jacks alllll around me.  WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?Huh?  Any advice is very much welcomed.  :0(

"Mom.... mom..... MOOOOM!!!  My reel is a rats nest!"      Sound familiar?Huh?  :0)
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

they werent' catfish ....

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Quote from: "fishin1"
they werent' catfish ....

Catfish don't jump.

"Mom.... mom..... MOOOOM!!!  My reel is a rats nest!"      Sound familiar?Huh?  :0)
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

i thought you was fishin for cats

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I am an eye witness to a catfish jumping.  This was a tournament and ScottB was my partner at Cooper.  After a 40 minute troll through the sticks to get to where we wanted to go, we post up near a shallow creek.  Scott says "I see one!" and heaves a 2 pound shad head in that direction.  I'm rather new to tournament fishing and fishing shallow in general so believe me when I say I was rather skeptical on Scott’s success.  However; to my elation Scott’s clicker start peeling off and the battle is on.  We estimate it weighed somewhere between 12 and 200 lbs as it leapt like a dancer completely out of the water.  That fish was dancing like a dolphin.  Since I'm not sure if I'm remembering that event or an old episode of 'flipper' please forgive any of the possible inaccuracies.  Well after a few heart pounding minutes Scott had it at the boat and yours truly was ready with the super sized net when all of a sudden....it was gone Sad .....         Pure silence followed as we looked a the water where that monster had just been and then looked at each other in disbelief.  
But the fact remained that I did see a catfish jump out of the water.

I apologies to Scott for dredging this event back up.  I'm sure the weeks of therapy that followed were too painful to endure again.  

Any embellishment I may or may not have included in this testimony is solely due to these new energy drinks;  16 ounces of pure literary talent in a can.   Cool

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Quote from: "fishin1"
i thought you was fishin for cats

catfishing was my original intenstion but they turned their stumpy little snouts up to everything I offered so I moved on.  It's hard to watch fish jump aroundyou knowing the cats are not interested in eating today, so I started looking to catch one of those Marlons...   they too were acting like very ungrateful guest!  I got tired and went home with absolutely nothing to brag about!!!!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Great story allen.

Yea, once you stick one, some will put on a jumping show, I have never seen one just jump out unless hes hooked. Swirl yea just not jump clean out into the air. Maybe it happens and I have not been there. kinda like the tree in the forest deal :?

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Quote from: "jjason"
Great story allen.

Yea, once you stick one, some will put on a jumping show, I have never seen one just jump out unless hes hooked. Swirl yea just not jump clean out into the air. Maybe it happens and I have not been there. kinda like the tree in the forest deal :?

I've seen it but not under "normal" circumstances I believe I spooked him. I was putting along through some trees one day in about 3-5 ft of water and about a 2lber jumped about 3 feet from me. Scared the living daylights out of me.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

yep, during the spawn them rascals look just like slimy tarpon a jumpin! It is a sight to see & enjoy! Nuthin quite like it!

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: