Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 16, 2018, 05:05:29 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
texas fishing show, 1/17-19 in Mesquite  (Read 4102 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

There's a big bait and tackle show coming up in Garland.  I plan on going for half a day or so.  I know Jerry and some others will be there.

http://www.texasfishingshow.com/

-------------------------
You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I can't find any info on their website about entry fees.  Does anyone know how much it costs to get in..... Also there is nothing on their seminar schedule....wacky!  :x

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

A few hints...
1) get there early on the day you're going.  A free spool of Berkley Iron Silk line is at stake ($10 value)
2) Danny King will be there, selling his bait.  He does special deals at bait shows.  If memory serves, $4/pt, $6/qt, and $20/gallon.  I guarantee nothing on pricing though.
3) The seminars ain't that exciting for the most part.  BUT, as the date draws closer, they should have more info.  Jimmy Houston was there last year and he does a good show.  More jokes than tips though.
4) Entry fee is rather steep ($7 or so).  With a few exceptions, don't go there expecting to get closeout pricing on great baits.  There are several tackle stores with setups there, but not with pricing better than Bass Pro's normal prices.  
5) They do have boats, but it isn't a "boat show".  

There will be some tackle manufacturers, dealers, guides, resorts, and some demonstrations in a big aquarium (half the size of a semi trailer I guess).  The fish in there won't be like you see at Bass Pro (good specimens of many species) but rather mostly schoolie sized black bass.  I don't remember seeing anything but black bass last year, though I wasn't really looking either.  

By no means do I want to imply that it's not a great show or worth the money, just that I expected something that would make Bass Pro look like a convenience store, and that didn't happen.

Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Legend

I think I will stop in to check it out...Seems like fun and may get to BS with new people  Cheesy

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
Lunker Extreme

Snowman, are you and Johnny Morris secret lovers icon_rolleyes  
 It is a pretty good show, stop by and see us. We will be set up with Advantage Marine, shoot the bull or buy a boat or something icon_lol

Jerry

www.NorthTexasGuideService.com
04' Crappie USA Region 4 Champion
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

No, Johnny Morris and I aren't secret lovers.  Don't you remember the comments on TFF that got so many up in arms about my bad experience at BPS?

I'm just saying, I was hoping for this huge fishing extravaganza, with all sorts of new tackle and old favorites at giveaway prices Smiley.  You definitely need to know what something is worth before you buy.  There are some good deals, but also some not so good ones.

I've confirmed the Ironsilk giveaway... first 1000 people each day.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

icon_question When, Where, and what times is the show going to be!? I'd like to go but that link didn't do squat for me.

Nevermind....I tried it again and it worked this time....must've been those rascals at verizon jerking me around.

Steven
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

If you lived in Richardson, Southwestern Bell could provide you the OUTSTANDING service we've all come to enjoy and expect from them.  Did I mention I work for SBC? Smiley

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

icon_eek LOL!!!!
Man I'm glad that I know that now!! I wuz thinking of going with them!! Thanks for the heads up there Snowman!! Tongue  Cheesy

Steven
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: