Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2018, 06:38:48 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
New Pending Lake Lavon Blue Cat Record  (Read 18837 times)
Lunker Extreme

Congratulations! I think that this one will last a while...Tawakoni's lake record blue is only 63 pounds. Lake Lavon is finally "big league".

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Congratulations, Big Cat!  I was out there fishing just south of you yesterday--wish I would've seen that monster!!!   Scott B and Shawn--good to meet you guys!

-------------------------
Fishin' in Memory of the Best Fisherman in the World--My Grandad
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Great Fish!!!! I only see one person in the boat, did you land that thing by yourself???  icon_eek  icon_eek

Top Bottom  

Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

He was fighting it, landing it by himself, kicking a 20+ pounder out of the boat all at the same time. Amazing!

Top Bottom  

Group: Lavon Record Holder
LLF Fishing Legend

Well here goes with the story. I got on the lake about 8 am, 25 degrees, a wee bit cool.  icon_lol Started the first drift in 27 ft knowing I would hit 30 ft flats soon.  Drifted for a good 90 minutes without a single hit, told myself 1 more cig and I'll pull up to start a new drift. Thats when the she-she hit the fan!
The rods kinda went crazy, like everything was trying to get hung on some structure, when that stopped the first fish layed the left hand rod down. Battled him to the boat ( a nice 20lb fish), as soon as I hit the fish with the net, I heard the center rod lay over and the drag started screaming. Drug the first fish in the boat, unnetted him, cause I knew I was gonna need it. Grabbed center rod, tired to set the hook put it just kept pulling drag. It peeled off a good 50 yards before I felt comfortable enough to set the hook. Battle on. Took about 15 minutes to get him up to the boat, man what a sight. Fish swam out of the net at least 5 times. At that point I knew I was gonna loose it if I didn't get him in the net on the next try, luckily I did.  

War whoop ensued  icon_wink

I still haven't got all you guys names straight yet. Maybe when we don't have 14 layers of clothes on.  Cheesy Anyhow, much thanks to everyone who played a role in hopefully making this thing official. Tex, thanks for the tape measure.

Funny side note. the tuesday before, I got lucky and landed a 49-3/4 lb fish.
Photo weighed and released. Thats when I thought to myself, you just maxed out your 50 lb scale. Off to BassPro, spent $94 (gasp) on a 125 lb Rapala spring scale. Normally murphy's law would set in and I'd never catch another trophy fish again. I'd rather be lucky than good. And yesterday I had Lady Luck on my side.

Finally got all the lines resituated and set for another drift. Not 10 minutes into that drift, looked and thought I was hung (slow steady bend down), picked up the rod and set the hook anyway. Sure enough, yonder ways he went. Fought that fish for a good 10 minutes, netted, weighed and released. A 47 lb er. Man oh man, what a day.

Started cleaning the the boat at the ramp when a Game Warden stopped by to say hello. He took one look at the boat, and said "man what happpened". The boat was covered in blood, mostly mine and a little bit of the fish.

Woady, next time maybe?

Tightlines

Dave
Tightlines

"Everyone ought to believe in something, I believe I'll go fishing."
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Hey Dave, GREAT CATCH!!!! Were you inside the cove of Little Ridge or in the open water in front of Little Ridge?

James R. Jackson
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Good Job Big Cat and next time i won't stay at home just because my boats in the shop Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Be Careful What You Wish For

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH MAAAANNNNNN!!!!

I may have to take on a new name!!!

Wylie Catfishman?

God will forgive me, right?

icon_rolleyes

Crappie Fun on Lake Lavon!!
Mike Wilson
https://www.facebook.com/wylie.crappieman?ref=tn_tnmn

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

Quote from: "Wylie Crappieman"
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH MAAAANNNNNN!!!!

I may have to take on a new name!!!

Wylie Catfishman?

God will forgive me, right?

icon_rolleyes

I take seriously the song "Shall We Gather at the River"

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

heheheheh!!!

Me too!

Crappie Fun on Lake Lavon!!
Mike Wilson
https://www.facebook.com/wylie.crappieman?ref=tn_tnmn

Cell 214-406-5006
Top Bottom  

Group: Lavon Record Holder
LLF Fishing Legend

Just got back from Aldinger Co. (the place that is certifing my scale).

It passed with flying colors. Acurate from 2lbs to 126 lbs.

Yehaa  Cheesy

Now I just have to send the paperwork to Austin and they should make it official.

New Lake Record here we come.

Tightlines

Dave

"Everyone ought to believe in something, I believe I'll go fishing."
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Congrats!!!!! All I can say is, landing any fish over 40 lbs by yourself, with others rods out, and another 20 lber in the boat, hats off to you!!! Hope it lasts until I catch the next lake record  icon_lol

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Heck yea! You know you captured the Lake Lavon record back for LLF? Good job man! I need to get one of those scales and get it certified. You never know when I get a record drum or gar  icon_rolleyes

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Hey dave, if you don't mind telling me, how much did it cost to get the scales certified.. you can pm me if you don't want to post it here.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Quote from: "Bigcat Dave"
Just got back from Aldinger Co. (the place that is certifing my scale).

It passed with flying colors. Acurate from 2lbs to 126 lbs.
Dave

WOW... I'm impressed.  I'd mentioned to ScottB (I think) how I feared you wouldn't get the lake record because the scales wouldn't pass certification.  I really feared you'd lost any chance of having the record (even though those bogagrips are 'spensive.  I'm glad to see I was wrong.  No I'm not.... I want to catch that fish and be the record holder.  Smiley

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: