Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2018, 08:19:53 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
New Pending Lake Lavon Blue Cat Record  (Read 17851 times)

Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

Awesome fish caught today at Lavon by Bigcat Dave (I think that is his screen name). It was 68 pounds, 48 1/2 inches and 32 inches around. He did release it after the weighing and measuring.

I'll let him tell the story. Shawn and I got to see the fight and the landing.

ScottB

[attachment deleted by admin on post older than 730 days ]

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

The release

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Another Pic

Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
LLF Fishing Legend

and that is me and rose sitting in the background of the first pic wondering what we are doing wrong.. icon_lol

-------------------------
Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I think that same fished was hooked two weeks ago.  It would not fit into the net and ended up breaking the hook and escaping.

I want to hear the whole story.  Bait, rig, time, etc.

That puppy broke the record by a bunch.  12 lbs.  And the last guy didn't hold the record for long.  1 year, 23 days.

Question:  Did he weigh it on certified scales?  Thought you had to take it to the cove to get it recorded properly.

You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Nice fish! fishing

Gone Fishin'
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

He weighed it on his Boca Grip which is going to get certified. You have 30 days from the catch to get it done. Shawn and I are the witnesses for the catch and the weight, length and gerth.

I took the pictures at 11:17 so he caught it about 11. He was using shad for bait and was drifting.

Hopefully he comes on here later and he can tell you all the details. What a HOG!

ScottB

Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
LLF Fishing Legend

more pictures from Scott  http://www.lakelavonfishing.com/cat/

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I hate it when boats in the shop a good personal friend and brother called to go fishing this morning said no because of the problems with my boat caused by person working on my boat please all members don't take your boat to Irving will tell you the name when i get it back.But congrats to BC Dave and that is his name on a pending lake lavon record i told you guys in a earlier post  that it was coming just be glad the wind was blowing to hard yesterday for the tournment what a day for my best friend and brother.Oh by the way i for got to mention that after the 68 pounder he caught a small 48 pounder and a couple of twenties not a bad day  icon_rolleyes  icon_rolleyes  icon_rolleyes  icon_rolleyes

Top Bottom  

Group: Lavon Record Holder
LLF Fishing Legend

Shawn and Scott, you guys are the greatest. I can't thank you enough for the help provided today. You are a stand-up bunch of fishermen.

The fish was caught off of Little Ridge park in 30 ft. of water, drifting cut shad.  A 7ft ugly cat rod loaded with 20lb Ande did the trick.

I'll provide more details manana, when my hands thaw out.

Peace and tightlines.

Bigcat  Shocked

"Everyone ought to believe in something, I believe I'll go fishing."
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Excellent job job Big Cat good pictures Shawn & Adam what a fish this is just one of what's been breaking us off it finally showed it's beautiful face just wait till next week  icon_lol icon_lol  icon_lol  icon_lol

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

What I think is funny is, he caught a 20lber and before he could even throw that one back, his bait clicker lit up with this one.... scott and I, adam and rosemary, brent and brent, tex & his clients, and RR & friend (5 boats total) couldn't catch jack..... then he goes out and catches another 48lber......

You got skills!   Cool

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

hold up shawn...........speak for yourself. i did manage to catch a COLD icon_evil

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

What a fish......Really nice to meet you Dave, And once again, congratulations on that great fish.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Congratulations and great fish, Dave!  By the time I got on the lake this afternoon Crappie Don was spreading the good word that one of our own had set a new lake record.  (Thanks, Don!)  Back home now, it's nice to sit in front of this fire and marvel at the size of that thing!  68 lbs.... that's what my kids weigh.  I can't imagine what that must have felt like and how bad your hands and arms must have ached afterwards, especially when they were cold to begin with.  Thanks for the terrific pictorial, Scott.  It must have been awesome to witness in person!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: