Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2018, 12:19:59 AM

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Got boat  (Read 7810 times)
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Legend

Thats gonna be a good little boat if everything pans out...I have been wishing I had a Jon boat for the creeks this coming year....Let me know if ya need a fishing buddie Cheesy  Cheesy

-------------------------
Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Adam i'm allway's looking for someone to fish with the problem is that I can't find anyone that fishes as much as I do.  Cheesy  I was fishing 15 day's a month without a boat.  icon_eek Time to get serious now.  icon_wink

Jimmy
Early to bed early to rise. Fish all day and make up lies.
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

we'll call you now to figure out where to fish.... we'll let you do all the leg work Cheesy Cheesy

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I gladly accept this mission I have been given.  Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy

Jimmy
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Jimmy:  Have you been able to get up north into the creeks with your boat?  I was thinking you had a smaller/lighter boat.  I know the big boats can't get up there.  I'm wondering if a jon boat could make it up into wilson or east fork.

You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Steve I just bought this one today. It's 14 ft but I think it will get up the creeks just fine. I'm hoping a new carb kit and that motor fires right up but you know how that can go. He threw in a trolling motor too. I'm picking it up Thursday evening and it will be in the water Friday morning motor or no motor. I'll look like Arnold......what's his name after a few months of rowing that puppy around.  icon_lol   icon_lol   icon_lol

Jimmy
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Snowman made a good point on whiskerkitty about my luck with boats and getting them to water.  Sad  I think I'll be quite about this one now untill i'm fishing out of it.  Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy

Jimmy
Top Bottom  
Lunker

Good luck with your Jon boat Jimmy. I work with Chris and Brady, in fact I was with Chris when he bought the trolling motor, so I know that it's fairly new. I just have a Jon boat and I get around with it. Just have to watch out for that wind.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Guy's the boat is paid for , the title is in my hand and it's hooked to my truck. Now I ain't made it to water yet but I'm one happy camper.  Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy

Jimmy
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Getting ready to get a battery for the boat and only one trailer light works. Would yawl spend the time and the cold going through the wiring or just by new and re-do it? What battery should I get at Wally world? 12 volt 30 lbs trust trolling and hummingbird lcr 4000 D/F finder is all my gadgets.

Jimmy
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Never mind on the battery I looked back at the earkier post's. Off to wally world.  icon_rolleyes

Jimmy
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Jimmy got one heck of a deal!

You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

jimmy, are you thinking you are going to have it ready by this weekend.......

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Shawn I'm putting it in the water tomorrow. Don't have the outboard running ( Havent even tried it) I went to wally world and bought the biggest badest deep cell marine batterry they carried and a new wiring harness for the trailer. Should have bought new tail light boxes too but I didnt. Any way i'm going to take it out tomorrow and check it out. May drop it in south lake for the first run just to be safe and check everything out. If all looks good and the wind isn't 25 + mph I'll see yawl on Lavon.

Thanks SteveO. I will admit it did turn out to be a good deal.

Jimmy
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Took the boat to south lake and it leaked a few extra hole's than expected but the B- pump didn't work  :x  even with the little wind we had today and on south lake not lavon it's a little work with out a outboard  icon_eek   Cheesy  Now to top it all off " Drum roll please" had a flat on the trailer when I pulled it off the ramp.  :x  Learned a lot today  icon_lol  icon_lol  icon_lol

Jimmy
Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: