Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2019, 12:30:22 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Lavon Crappie  (Read 659 times)
Lunker Extreme

Decided to go crappie fishing on Lavon for the first time this year.  I've been fishing up at Denison Dam for stripers nearly every weekend since March and have been doing good there as long as the water was being released.

Anyway, I took the boat out today and managed 14 keepers with a couple pushing 15".  Gonna have a nice meal tonight.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

excellent dude. wtg

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Made another trip to the lake today.  I didn't so as good today as last Saturday and only ended up with 2 keepers.  I caught a lot of small fish and all went back in the lake to grow up.  It was hot and windy but still an enjoyable day on the lake.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

It was a nice cool morning with little wind so I headed to the power plant for another round of crappie fishing.  It was a good thing the wind was very light since I forgot to tie the boat to the trailer before launching.  Backed the trailer into the water, turned around, and saw the boat slowly drifting away from the ramp icon_redface.   I quickly threw my billfold and car keys in the car and ran down the ramp until I could no longer touch bottom.  Luckily I had only about 50 feet to swim to the boat.  Grabbed the boat and swam with it back to the ramp.  It was my 1964 Super Skeeter so it was not very hard to swim back with it.

I ended up with 9 keepers and found a new way to keep cool - just jump in the lake and let the wind evaporate the water off your clothes icon_biggrin.  Only drawback is you end up smelling like lake water icon_frown

Fortunately this is the first time I've done that in 10 years of boating/fishing.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: