Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2018, 02:26:11 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Been a while ...Taking my new right knee out and try to find some crappie at LAv  (Read 1194 times)

Lunker Extreme

12, 7oz---PB...Good fishing to you!!!!

This board is dead...Hope that does not mean there are no crappie in the lake.

I know with the water level and fluctuating weather that there may not have been a consistent pattern for the crappie......

However, no reports for so long?Huh?Huh??

Not even from the boat slip guys or guides.

Fishing elsewhere must have take priority over Lavon.......But, no CRAPPIE reports?Huh??

Amazing...Or Frustrating?   Guess I will find out later today.

Ochigger

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Ochigger
Try Lake Lavon Fishing on Facebook,

-------------------------
A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  
Lunker

fishing from 8am to 3pm today, burned 3/4 tank of gas, from deep inside of the creek to the main lake brush piles, got 4 crappies 2 keeper. same thing last week. my cousin caught 10 off the rocks at 380 last week. i had to check my phone pictures to make sure that we were killing the spawning crappies on mid March last year

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

fishing from 8am to 3pm today, burned 3/4 tank of gas, from deep inside of the creek to the main lake brush piles, got 4 crappies 2 keeper. same thing last week. my cousin caught 10 off the rocks at 380 last week. i had to check my phone pictures to make sure that we were killing the spawning crappies on mid March last year

True!!
This year is SO WEIRD!!

Not sure what's going on with them... except the usual - cold fronts, water level change etc.

Good luck out there!

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Yesterday I caught 1 crappie in 13’ fow 8’ down 2 sandbass in 6’ and 2 drum in 3’. Go figure Huh?
I think I have 8 keepers in the last 7 trips

Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:36:42 PM by J.A..F.O.
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

12, 7oz---PB...Good fishing to you!!!!

Thanks for the feedback.  

I had slim Pickens yesterday...

Tex sized it up very well....

After the weather settles down and if no more major flooding, we should have some hot and good sized action.   Hope that action holds off another couple weeks as I'm going a cruise with the wife across the Atlantic. Total of 16 days gone. Then there is cemetery working the first weekend in May.  Geez...... It will be May 8 before I can go fishing again.....Bummer......But, the wife needs a crusie....lol.  Then I can fish all I want for the next 6 months...

Good Luck all,

Ochigger

Top Bottom  
Minnow

I know with the water level and fluctuating weather that there may not have been a consistent pattern for the crappie......

However, no reports for so long?Huh?Huh??

Fishing elsewhere must have take priority over Lavon.......But, no CRAPPIE reports?Huh??

Amazing...Or Frustrating?   Guess I will find out later today.

Ochigger

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Caught 7 last week.Two were short and lost two more. 3 fow or less. All males. Couple of nice Bass too. Black and chart BoneHead stump bugs.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

First crappie try since last June, brought home 15 Tuesday. Midlake sloughish area. 2'-10'. Males were not fully tuxedoed and females were not at all ripe. Wadefishers were finding some shallow in the button willows. It was bright and sunny and the fish were very slow while the sun was high, or probably moved out deeper, but I didn't try that. So early or late is best time for shallows I think, unless it's cloudy. Very little baitfish seen and almost no fish activity/splashing at the surface. The water still felt pretty cool almost cold. All of May and most of June should be good. Further uplake, or where creeks and ditches merge with the lake might be better right now if water isn't muddy, or fishing the rocks.

-------------------------
Don't catchem all
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Great Report and good ideas!    icon_cool 

Thx

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: