Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2018, 05:21:25 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Spring fishing on South Lake  (Read 1068 times)
Lunker Extreme

Finally made a trip this morning to South Lake in Farmersville for some bluegill/bream fishing.  I used my 1964 Super Skeeter which was perfect for this size lake.
Got there about 8:00 a.m. - beautiful morning to be on the water.  Brought back 25 for a fish fry tomorrow - yummy.

I had to chase down the title to the boat as it didn't have a title when I bought it  I eventually found the registered owner and he helped me get a title.
He told me he bought the boat new when he was 15 years old.  He was too young to drive at the time so he had to have his dad tow the boat to South Lake when he wanted to go fishing.
The boat went thru a couple of different owners since he sold it and now approximately 54 years later I own it and brought it back to South Lake today for some fishing.

Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 09:14:41 PM by redloon
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Great story and sounds like a great day on the water! Gotta love a good mess of bream!

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Went to South Lake again Saturday morning (May 19th).  The wind was kicking up somewhat and making it hard to fish the reed line where I catch most of the fish.

I kept at it and it paid off - managed to catch another good mess of bluegill.  I'll skip to the final results - see attached picture.

Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:45:24 PM by redloon
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Finally made a trip this morning to South Lake in Farmersville for some bluegill/bream fishing.  I used my 1964 Super Skeeter which was perfect for this size lake.
Got there about 8:00 a.m. - beautiful morning to be on the water.  Brought back 25 for a fish fry tomorrow - yummy.
Several nice redear (chinks) in the top picture!

-------------------------
A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

12, 7oz---PB...Good fishing to you!!!!

Nice “gills” and great eating.  I thought I had the vintage record for fishing out of old boats. My Ouchita is 50 years old this year.  I’ve trailered it to California for 25 years of fishing before being it back home to Texas.  It still catches fish, too.

Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:12:20 PM by Ochigger
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Nice story. That is a nice pond/lake. Would not have guessed the park is that old

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: