Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2018, 05:20:49 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
shad`  (Read 1679 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

anyone getting shad anywhere

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Hoping to hear some responses around highland park area where I normally fish. Although thinking of trying tickey creek next trip out.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I didn't try to net any but they were thick along the bank on either side of the peninsula at little ridge last friday. Seemed to be thickest on the power plant side which was the leeward side that day.

-------------------------
Don't catchem all
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

hit the boat ramps in the afternoon  icon_biggrin

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Shad question, I am going to drive around and hit ramps and such this weekend. Plan to freeze them so I can always have some. Do you guys thaw them a day or two ahead of time, or chunk them in frozen?

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

When I used frozen, I would just put them on the hook. Never had much luck though with frozen.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Shad question, Plan to freeze them so I can always have some. Do you guys thaw them a day or two ahead of time, or chunk them in frozen?

Salt them heavily before you freeze them.  put the amount you plan to use in zip loc bag and purge air before zipping. Place in refrigerator night before using to thaw.  Split one side from tail to stomach cavity before using to release more scent.

A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  
Minnow

I fished Tickey yesterday morning. Shad were not on the boat ramp and I was there before sunup. I threw my net for about 30-40 minutes before catching enough that would last me. I only caught one 5 inch shad too. I still managed to catch 5 good eaters drifting in Tickey cove, but nothing big unfortunately.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: