Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 05:47:39 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Report: Fished the 380 Bridge  (Read 578 times)
Minnow

Fairly new to the area and learning the local spots. Don't have a boat yet so have been exploring bank fishing locales and the nearby parks with ponds. My kids love the bluegill, catfish and bass we've pulled from some of the park ponds. Tried the rocks (rip rap) at the 380 bridge for a couple of hours by myself (area doesn't seem conducive for small toddlers trying to negotiate large rocks, not to mention the traffic). Stopped by the Valero gas station near Princeton High School and picked up some minnows. Fished for a couple of hours and only caught one small sand bass (at least that's what I think it was). Was using a bobber and minnows on one pole and walking around tossing plastics with the other. I know that crappie spawn during Spring but was still hoping for at least one random crappie to be lingering in the area. It was an interesting area to fish and the weather was great!

https://preview.ibb.co/jrsUPF/Lavon380riprap.jpg
Report: Fished the 380 Bridge

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Welcome to the forum!  icon_cool Thanks for a report that was also your first post!  icon_cool icon_biggrin Refreshing to see.

This time of year I always had the best luck for crappie in 12 to 16 feet of water around structure. If I was fishing the 380 bridges this time of year, I would fish the creek cuts and cast to deeper water around the bridge pilings. Easy to do with a slip cork set-up fishing from the bank.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Thanks for the advice DavidP! I actually had slip bobbers with me but didn't think the water was that deep around the pilings. Will give it a shot the next time I head out there.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Your right its not hat deep there but the crappie will relate to structure and in the creek channel will be the deepest water fishing from HWY 380. Also, the pilings should be shaded which crappie like.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Welcome to the forum! And to freshwater fishing.   icon_mrgreen
Where did you come from? Saltwater?

Good advice Mr. P.
Also the RR bridge near Mallard Park is good for banking. Although, also not good for small kids.

A good pond/lake that's good for bream/bluegill is called Southlake. It is on the map south of Farmersville.
It has kind of a park environment but very isolated and has some picnic tables and shade I think.

Good luck out there!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: