Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 09:33:06 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
island off of clear lake  (Read 2911 times)
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

If you've tried gone through the opening between the island and the mainland off of clearlake, you might want to be careful.  I was out there 8/23/02 and the water is about 1 ft in that area.  Plus there is a big cement post  icon_eek  under the water about 1.5-2ft on the dam side of the opening.  I can't think of how many times in higher water I have gone over that area and probably just barely missed hitting that.  I suspect some people with long shaft motors probably have.  
With the heat, the lake level are definitely lowering.  I saw stumps in places I have cruised over in the past.  Definitely an eye opener.   You might want to take note of all the hidden obsticles you can now see for future reference.  Last i heard, replacing your lower unit or patching a hole in your hull was not cheap  icon_eek

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

Last friday I saw a nice bass boat go through the "opening" in the island.  He found the concrete post Cheesy   His boat now has a new pin stripe. Unfortunately, its on the bottom of his boat  Tongue

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Quote from: "shawn"
Last friday I saw a nice bass boat go through the "opening" in the island.  He found the concrete post Cheesy   His boat now has a new pin stripe. Unfortunately, its on the bottom of his boat  Tongue

And tell me how you didn't just laugh under your breath... I know I make a point of laughing out loud whenever that skier that thinks I care that he can (or can't ski) manages to drop his butt in the water.  Sometimes I'll even stand up and laugh so he doesn't mistake it for someone else.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: