Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2018, 01:18:22 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
bank trip last night-July 25  (Read 1003 times)

LLF Fishing Addict

Been awhile since I hit the Lavon banks.
Decided to give it a go last night with the 10-15mph winds from sundown to about 2am .
I usually fish between 5 and fifteen foot in the Summer time staying well above the thermacline.
Fished probably 10ft last night using only medium sized blue gills for bait.
Summer bite seems to be picking up a bit. Finished night with a 42lbr, 15lbr, 25lbr and a few eaters.
All fish seemed rather feisty and angry at the warm water weather!
Nice night weather, nice to be back on the bank and already looking forward to next time!

Pics of 42 and 25:

Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:08:30 PM by BankfishinDave
Top Bottom  

Lunker

We strung our jugs out Thursday morning in the west arm in 24-20 fow using 5 foot extensions putting bottom bait 6 ft off bottom and top bait 9 ft off bottom.  Had the best morning bite ever for 4 frantic hours.  Noticed some of the fish seemed lethargic and some of oversized almost questionable to be released. One exception was a jug that had been move 100 feet; when picked up line was slack like it came unwound but snubbing was still secure.  When we got slack out all H___ broke loose!  CPR was 46-48 inches long, had a head the size of a Victorian light globe and body the size of heavy weight lifter's upper leg.  Fish had lifted 2 pound weight to within a few ft of surface to get out of thermocline which we estimated to be 13-14ft.  Had a few die on line but not spoil due to thermocline on afternoon bite including a 24 we had to keep.  I recommend no one fish deeper than 13 ft for blues for a while.

Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:05:06 AM by RalphieBoy

-------------------------
A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Awesome report! Finally fixed my boat, running on both cylinders now. Looking forward to getting back out there and getting some of these guys! Went out Monday evening to check out boat. Ran good, and had 45 minutes to spare. Tossed net and got 5 little shad. Baited them and sat. Got one runner who bowtied the line on a tree under water, lost him. Then had to go back in. Definitely like the night time best and looks like results are starting to come back!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

WTG Dave!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Awesome catching Dave icon_exclaim

You gotta go fishin if you wanna catch some fish....
Top Bottom  

Lunker

I usually fish between 5 and fifteen foot in the Summer time staying well above the thermacline.

Pics of 42 and 25:

congrats on the 3 CPR's.  i forgot to do that in my previous reply when i posted our witness to the effects of thermocline on blues trapped below it.  When  I quit jugging, i need to arrange some banking time with you to learn the ropes.

A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Yes sir , think thermocline normally sets in somewhere in the low 20ft range at normal lake levels or at least that's my rule of thumb. Can be kind of tricky as to when it starts setting in and then likewise as to the where and when lake turnover starts taking place. 

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

congrats on the 3 CPR's.

Thanks and actually all the fish were released that night.
I hardly ever keep any fish but when I do it will be a few times in the Winter or early Spring.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Nice work Amigo! Nice to see something good posted here.....

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Good job and nice reports by all.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

That's a great fish! Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

icon_cool icon_cool icon_cool BAM  icon_exclaim icon_exclaim icon_exclaim  he's struck again  icon_biggrin  Congrats Bud

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: