Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2018, 08:42:29 PM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
New PB!  (Read 2361 times)
LLF Fishing Addict

Rod floats is yore friend. You can buy em three for $9 or so at Academy. OR, you can go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a section of foam tubing used to insulate copper A/C lines. Cost a couple bucks and can get 4 out of one stick of foam. open up foam, put around rod, close. use electrician tape in middle and both ends. This will float and 8 foot rod and reel on the water. have saved rods about four times now! Smiley Cheapest insurance you can get!  icon_cool icon_biggrin

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Rod floats is yore friend. You can buy em three for $9 or so at Academy. OR, you can go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a section of foam tubing used to insulate copper A/C lines. Cost a couple bucks and can get 4 out of one stick of foam. open up foam, put around rod, close. use electrician tape in middle and both ends. This will float and 8 foot rod and reel on the water. have saved rods about four times now! Smiley Cheapest insurance you can get!  icon_cool icon_biggrin
Definitely will do on my newer rods I am looking at. My 14ft jon gets crowded even when I am by myself and I can forsee another rod overboard event if I am not extremely careful. Especially when I am running 4 or 5 lines and I get two runners at once! Turns into a Keystone Cops movie.

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: