Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2018, 08:00:49 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Monday 06-26  (Read 1802 times)
Lunker

Just after 10am launch from Lavonia South, graph lit up.  Within minutes plenty of surface action all around. 

No pictures because I don't keep Sandies.  Despicable. spiney, awful tasting fish, but fun to catch & release. 

Doesn't anyone post anymore? 

p.s.  Went out Wednesday 06-21 and Sandies were on the surface around 1:30 about 1,000 yards west of RR bridge (east of Hybrid point).  Used the big motor but they were gone by the time I got there. 

Top Bottom  
Minnow

thanks for the info.  I haven't been out since Father's day weekend but I was in the same area and experienced the same surface action.  I threw a popper their way but didn't get anything...they were gone pretty quick.  I saw them driving again about an hour later but there was no way I would have been able to get to them in time.  They don't stay on them long it seems, not sure if that's normal or the time of year.

So when you do go after them, what are you using to catch them?

Top Bottom  
Lunker

I use a silver slab from Cotton Cordel.  Buy them in a 2 pack from Wally World for about $3.  I use red cotton yarn and dress the treble hook.

Wifey uses chartreuse jig with a 2" Mr. Twister.

At times, I'll use a Little Cleo or "Flashy Times" from BPS.

For me, Sandies are strictly opportunistic.  I will catch them when they're on top and stupid.  I don't hunt for or keep them.  That being said, there are places on Lavon where you can look when it's hot & sunny.  Lavonia South, Hybrid Point, Island point, intake channel, glass house.  Maybe south side island.  Lastly.... watch for those lying birds.  Sometimes they tell the truth. 

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Just after 10am launch from Lavonia South, graph lit up.  Within minutes plenty of surface action all around. 

No pictures because I don't keep Sandies.  Despicable. spiney, awful tasting fish, but fun to catch & release. 

Doesn't anyone post anymore? 

p.s.  Went out Wednesday 06-21 and Sandies were on the surface around 1:30 about 1,000 yards west of RR bridge (east of Hybrid point).  Used the big motor but they were gone by the time I got there. 

i do more lookin now cause i get to fish very little the past 3 years  icon_rolleyes  if i had some pics to post and stories to tell , i'd definately post em  icon_mrgreen

those sandies are definately fun to catch

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

well get your arse out there fishing

Safe Floor North Texas
www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

forgot, you couldn't catch a fish in a bait store

Safe Floor North Texas
www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

might be the idiot driven the boat also F1

Safe Floor North Texas
www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

she rolls now without any problems ..... icon_cool

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: