Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2018, 11:21:22 PM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Everyone give up?  (Read 4186 times)

Lunker

Site issues cause everyone to give up on this? Sure hope to hear/see some good posts from you veterans.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Nope, I think folks are still around.  I caught some good box fish last night, 9 lbs and under, on the bank opposite of the Lavonia Park camping area.  Shad weren't easy to find but some on hybrid point...I was throwing the net solo in the wind so I just had to get in the right spot to drift past the point and get a few throws in.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

It was down awhile

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Caught a 25. Around power plant. Turned back for another day

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Have not fished in awhile. Can't remember when. I peek at the forum now and again. Bankfishindave let me know the site was down when it occurred. I went to whois.com and got the admins email address and sent a quick email note.. Dunno if it helped. Probably won't do much fishing in the near future as it's not my favorite time to fish. But if I do, I will post.

I'm guessing not much catfishing going on here. I'll start hitting it again July nights or thereabouts. Looking forward to windy Aug nites. Unless life bites my behind, I'll be out there then...

Top Bottom  
Minnow

hey all I'm new to the site.  I've been hanging around Lavon more and more over the last couple months because my father in law asked me to take and use his boat this summer.  I've been to a number of ramps up and down the west and south side of the lake.  I have not seen many fishing from the bank lately...I tried my hand a couple weeks back and caught a tiny little pan fish. 

I've been out fishing three times now including last night and have yet to get a bite.  None of my old "fishing in Arkansas" tricks are working around here.  Any tips you all have is appreciated.  I've tried Crappie, Catfish, White Bass, Large mouth...not so much as a nibble.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Personal Best 51lb. Blue

hey all I'm new to the site.  I've been hanging around Lavon more and more over the last couple months because my father in law asked me to take and use his boat this summer.  I've been to a number of ramps up and down the west and south side of the lake.  I have not seen many fishing from the bank lately...I tried my hand a couple weeks back and caught a tiny little pan fish.  

I've been out fishing three times now including last night and have yet to get a bite.  None of my old "fishing in Arkansas" tricks are working around here.  Any tips you all have is appreciated.  I've tried Crappie, Catfish, White Bass, Large mouth...not so much as a nibble.

From what I've read in the Crappie and Bass sections of this site, and facebook, the lake is "On Fire" at least for crappie and sandbass, maybe not for catfish.  This video may help get some of us motivated.  It's old, but still a good one to watch for a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIaySQMXGEc

Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:45:19 PM by bradthefisherman

-------------------------
I now believe that fishing is far more important than catching fish.
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Gonna have to give this late Summer night fishing a try......... icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Personal Best 51lb. Blue

Gonna have to give this late Summer night fishing a try......... icon_biggrin

That's the ticket fer sure in these summer days!

Here is a video for that:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPUb4Wsi9kI

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Prefer this one-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRTrefI3mKc
and he was from Texas and not the land of fruits and nuts!

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Have not fished in awhile. Can't remember when. I peek at the forum now and again. Bankfishindave let me know the site was down when it occurred. I went to whois.com and got the admins email address and sent a quick email note.. Dunno if it helped. Probably won't do much fishing in the near future as it's not my favorite time to fish. But if I do, I will post.

I'm guessing not much catfishing going on here. I'll start hitting it again July nights or thereabouts. Looking forward to windy Aug nites. Unless life bites my behind, I'll be out there then...
Is it just a bad time normally for the bite? I never found a great time for me, but was pretty limited to once or maybe twice a month.(working to fix that!). When it gets hot, I think I will be working the overnights as well. Did this once last year on the boat and it was comfortable. Did not venture far and no big ones, but comfortable. Only mistake was following 3 or 4 boats to load up, they dumped all their excess shad ahead of me. That had a nice size water moccasin sitting on the ramp. Did not bother me, but we came close to stepping on the dang thing.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Good album, seen them several times in concert. Preferred them both when separate a little better (esp Sammy!)

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Personal Best 51lb. Blue

Prefer this one-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRTrefI3mKc
and he was from Texas and not the land of fruits and nuts!

Even better Lou, and hopefully we can catch some of those summer time blues in the next month or so!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Even better Lou, and hopefully we can catch some of those summer time blues in the next month or so!
Why wait? With the warmer Winter we just had I'm betting the spawn started/finished early.
First fish of the night tonight:

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Why wait? With the warmer Winter we just had I'm betting the spawn started/finished early.
First fish of the night tonight:

Well Dave, was it a rogue? Or were several similar size Siluriformes secured as well?

One would only serve to wet my whistle but wouldn't quench my thirst...

Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:21:48 AM by Lou
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: