Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2017, 01:04:39 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
take a kid fishing  (Read 1165 times)
Minnow

Took brother and son fishing - was suppose to crappie fish but the boy wanted to cast - so I caught some shad and let him cast up on the rocks - caught 7 catfish and the boy hung a nice bass. will get those crappie next time - take a kid fishing.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Good story...  No Pics?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Thanks for taking a kid fishing!
... and letting him cast   icon_mrgreen
WTG

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

wtg tim ... nice catchin and keepin him interested in catchin fish  icon_cool  when i took my boys fishin 20 yrs ago , i gave em a road runner ( single hook ) and put that fishin pole in their hands after i put em on sandies . made it easy catches and they learned right off the bat to take those fishies off  once again congrats on yalls outtin

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Nice job.  I'm new to the forum and new to fishing Lavon.  I've gone out there 3 times now including last night and have yet to get a bite.  I want to take my son but he says fishing is boring...of course considering my luck the last few times I don't want to take him and validate his sense of fishing.  Any ideas you all have for where i can take him, what i should use and where i would appreciate it.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

for young kids you have two choices IMO, Bream (perch) or white (sand) bass

For bream try any local pond with very small hooks and bobber with a tiny piece of bait (cheese works) on the barb only
You can also try the rocks (rip rap) around any boat ramp or bridge, but there won't be as many in a pond.

If you have a boat, try Sandies. check out Carey Thorn's post on here or on FB.

Good luck!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Personal Best 51lb. Blue

Nice job.  I'm new to the forum and new to fishing Lavon.  I've gone out there 3 times now including last night and have yet to get a bite.  I want to take my son but he says fishing is boring...of course considering my luck the last few times I don't want to take him and validate his sense of fishing.  Any ideas you all have for where i can take him, what i should use and where i would appreciate it.

I take my boys 8, 9, 11 fishing and my 12 year old daughter and even when it's been boring, they still enjoy just getting out there and exploring and being outside in nature.  My grandad used to take us night fishing for 3-4 days at a time and he'd catch all the fish and we'd have our lines in the same areas and catch nothing, but wouldn't trade those times just being out there with grandad.  Take a kid fishing.  Here is a video  for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFIOBXVJY0Y

-------------------------
I now believe that fishing is far more important than catching fish.
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Nice story. It is always enjoyable to bring kids when fishing.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: