Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2018, 01:10:16 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Lots of action on the rocks!  (Read 1256 times)
Lunker

The blues and channels look to be in full spawn....brought home 10 eaters from 6 lbs down to 13 inches after the rain today...had to be back home so we left them biting.  It felt like you could sit there and catch as many as you wanted if you had the time.  The best bait was gizzard shad cut to about dime sized bites on a circle hook.  

I did have one bigger fish make a run with a huge shad head but no hook up....he bent that rod from the rail of the pontoon to the top of the water though.  

https://i.imgur.com/grzHeAE.jpg
Lots of action on the rocks!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Thanks for the report! where you gettin your gizzards?

-------------------------

You gotta go fishin if you wanna catch some fish....
Top Bottom  
Lunker

I got 3 or 4 per throw of my 7ft bait-buster just on the west side of the island.  There are certainly better places, that was just where I was fishing when I decided to catch some bait and go fish the rocks.  I think a big part of catching the big ones is in the net....I used to have hell catching bait but have rarely had a problem since I moved up to this 7ft net with 1.5 lbs per foot of lead....I can usually come up with something to fish with...it might not be perfect but I can usually get something useful in that heavy net.

That said....you'll want to watch your graph and try to make as few throws as possible, that net is already heavy and after a few throws it feels like it's full of bricks when you throw it.

Here's about where I got the gizzard that I used on Sunday....It'd have been a lot of work to catch enough if I were using them whole or making 2-4 baits from them....but it'd have done the job.

http://i.imgur.com/61HZ4Bj.jpg
Lots of action on the rocks!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Cool icon_exclaim Thanks the tip!

-------------------------

You gotta go fishin if you wanna catch some fish....
Top Bottom  
Minnow

I agree on the larger net. I learned on a 7 foot, even if it doesn't open all the way up I can still catch them. They've been around the slips too but mainly perch

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Thanks for the report brother. Always great to catch em like that.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: