Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2018, 10:56:01 AM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Need help  (Read 2953 times)
Lunker Extreme

Nice one, James!!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I feel the pain of seeing these guys show of the big boys as I have yet to hit on anything over 11 lbs. Plenty of good info I have found on this site, but unfortunately I can't throw one of these guys in the boat with me! I've been stuck to a pattern of highland park. My boat has an old motor on it and my faith in it is lacking. It's been running now for almost a year with no issues, so I need to venture to different places.
With south wind blowing, go straight north from ramp to green point where creeks merge. pick yourself a spot where you can fan cast to openings between green shrubs in 2 to 3 feet of water. Best bait is fresh hooker size shad with 1 side filleted halfway to tail.  In such close quarter casting bait should stay on fine. Expect the bite to be anywhere from 1 - 30+ pounds.

-------------------------
A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  

Lunker

With south wind blowing, go straight north from ramp to green point where creeks merge. pick yourself a spot where you can fan cast to openings between green shrubs in 2 to 3 feet of water. Best bait is fresh hooker size shad with 1 side filleted halfway to tail.  In such close quarter casting bait should stay on fine. Expect the bite to be anywhere from 1 - 30+ pounds.
I was nervous about heading up that way. When lake was around 486 or so I was bumping ground a few times. Got me worried. Now it's back up to close to full. 492. I might try again. I did get some electronics to help but that usually tells me it is too shallow about 1 second too late! Last summer I went to the outflow area. Too busy for me. Boats in/out every few minutes. I am going to give it a shot when wind is low to pick my path and see how much south wind I can drive my little 4hp seaking back to ramp with! I've google mapped that and have been wanting to hit it. My little Jon runs pretty shallow even with me I it. I found a few spots along where the creek would run it lake was low that have some structure and had 2-10pounders hit pretty good. Just have to move between them when one is dry.
See guys. Good info.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Nice one James!

Top Bottom  
Minnow

That's a new one to me. Thanks for sharing that. Nice of you to give an actual spot for the poster to try as well.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

about the views  icon_mrgreen there can be alot of em before responses are sent because not only members can see them , the non-members " guests " can also see your topic but can not reply ..

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

and oh yeh ...... welcome aboard

very nice one james .. congrats  icon_cool

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker

icon_rolleyes who's gonna give me their actual productive spot? I don't think so ... I know so many of the old timers on this forum but have never asked for more than the basics , wind, temp , north or south and bait. I have been lucky enough to find a few good fish in the past with just basic info and a little perseverance.
Just for bragging rights cause I practice CPR on all cats

#68 Lavon 2015

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/onelastshot4og/Mobile%20Uploads/F025400E-5930-456E-B90B-2AA6404D009C.jpg
Need help

#55 Lavon 2015

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/onelastshot4og/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/D330AC0B-2231-43FE-B703-5F251382A9A1.jpg
Need help

#65 Lavon 2013

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/onelastshot4og/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/226BD16B-0C79-459F-AD53-A42A1DBB3011.jpg
Need help

#72 Twok 2015

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/onelastshot4og/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-01/4A5C01F2-17C4-424D-94F1-82D1B72E666B.jpg
Need help

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: