Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2018, 04:05:22 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Water Color Made Difference  (Read 947 times)

Lunker Extreme

Strung some shallow water lines of jugs out of Highland Wednesday afternoon after my grandkids' preschool program.  Launched Friday after unsuccessful try for shad and ran jugs.  Had to go take care of some business, and when I returned the lake was almost mirror flat. 2 or 3 shallow water stops only yielded a few small channels and several gar.  Wind got up and started muddying the shallows.  Moved to one of favorite spots and bite was on, had 3 fish on at one time!

-------------------------
A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Not the biggest, but big enough -- 59lb Blue

100 views and no responses...I will play.  icon_biggrin

IMO I would think it was the wind contributing to the bite and not the water color, unless of course water was coming into the lake in that location.

I have set many times with no wind and not had a single bite, once the wind picks up or changes direction the bite would turn on. IDK but that's what I have seen.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

IMO I would think it was the wind contributing to the bite and not the water color, unless of course water was coming into the lake in that location.

I have set many times with no wind and not had a single bite, once the wind picks up or changes direction the bite would turn on. IDK but that's what I have seen.

Thinking back on my old trotlining days and more recent jugging, I will have to agree with you.  Dark and windy nights seemed to have been the best bite!

-------------------------
A day without fishing is a day lost forever!
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Going to give it a shot later this afternoon up that way. Maybe press into dark time. Probably launch out around 5-6 tonight. Tried last week. Pretty windy later in afternoon. Made fool of myself on boat ramp trying to load up myself. Not much going on for me. Went out to 6 or so foot out around trees, back to 2-3 foot into the shore area. Got a few really small guys. Not much else. Wind is slower tonight so I should be able to get out easier. Looks like a small direction in wind is coming, but not sure if that will bump it up for me.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: