Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2018, 01:14:37 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Looking for shad  (Read 1172 times)

Lunker Extreme

Any advice on finding some shad right now? I've been checking ramps and windy banks but no luck. I'm sure I'm too early for them to be stacked up like the summer months but I'm still curious where they might be found. Thanks for any help.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

I've had luck catching them by the slips at east fork, but the majority of them are small (2-3 inches in length). Usually have to throw the net 5-10 times to get a few, every now and then I'll catch 10-20 or so in one throw.
I'm sure others who go after them more often than I do will share some more info

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Had the best luck finding shad early in morning before sun up or late afternoon in about 6 to 10 feet depth around marina slips. I would imagine they would be on the deeper ends of the ramps also.

Don't be afraid to use those hooker shad. Lots of shad have spawned and the kitties are just gorging themselves on small shad. Match the hatch as we say. Small baits worked better for us than larger baits.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

If you try the ramps, put your lights on high beam and wait ten minutes or so for them to show up. Of course it has to be dark for this to work. Good luck.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Plenty of small to medium thread fin shad on Highland ramp this morning.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Last Saturday, two tosses with net at highland ramp at sunup yielded plenty of 4 incher threadfin for me. Bite was not on, so did not need many unfortunately. At least they avoided where I parked the boat!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: