Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 02:57:40 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
3/20 & 3/21  (Read 2292 times)

Lunker

Took a couple of days off this week, which usually spells disaster. It was pretty windy, but worth the effort. Monday and Tuesday I fished from roughly 8 to noon and kept 15 and then 21 yesterday. All caught in 3' or less, mostly off of the rocks. Of the 36 fish I cleaned, only 3 were females, and some of the males were huge – at least compared to years past when the males were typically smaller than the girls. The male below is 15" plus, covered in war colors. I dubbed him Chief. You know you're in the right area when Wally Marshall is fishing nearby. White and Chartreuse, and the Shiney Hiney (Walmart) were the jigs of choice.

-------------------------
When in doubt, set the hook!
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Bought some of those jigs on clearance at Walmart in the other day. Gonna have to try them out this week

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Very nice!!

Congrats on the Chief!    icon_mrgreen 

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

12, 7oz---PB...Good fishing to you!!!!

Had similar luck using small profile jigs. Only fishing 15' water around brush. My largest was 16".

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Nice!

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Took the GoPro on board last week for some ThumpCam action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4alGGZWnT4&feature=youtu.be

Top Bottom  

Lunker

rockon awesome looks like you had the lake to yourself. Lavon?

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Great video!

You gotta go fishin if you wanna catch some fish....
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Had similar luck using small profile jigs. Only fishing 15' water around brush. My largest was 16".
That's a biggun!!

You gotta go fishin if you wanna catch some fish....
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Nice video!

Top Bottom  
Lunker

WTG David.  Good vid.  I like the boat & set up you have.  What type of floor do you have in that?  Did you launch from Twin Groves? 

Top Bottom  

Lunker

WTG David.  Good vid.  I like the boat & set up you have.  What type of floor do you have in that?  Did you launch from Twin Groves? 

Thanks ABomb. The boat is a Weldbilt - they have super huge ribs in the floor which are flat. So the floor is just painted plywood, no braces needed. I also packed the voids with styrofoam. The paint  is from Lowe's, Rustoleum Restore 10X. It's like painting with cement, and after building up a few coats it feels like a pool deck. Awesome in the summer on bare feet, and stays skid resistant when wet.

I rarely make it up to Twin Groves. I was launched from Mallard. Depending on the wind, I usually launch from there, Lavonia or Little Ridge.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

12, 7oz---PB...Good fishing to you!!!!

I like your boat, too.  A real "down to business" fishing rig.   Good job!!!

David R

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

That's a pig!   Congrats!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: