Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2018, 03:26:29 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Bank Fishing  (Read 2648 times)
Minnow

Anyone got tips on good bank fishing spots for someone new to Lavon fishing?

Thanks.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I had caught a limit of sandies at Hybrid Point back in the fall. I waded out with un ultra light and a blue in-line spinner. Not sure about now though. Hybrid Point is on the south east part of the lake, close to the dam. Take 487 to 964 then follow the trail to the lake. Caught some really big ones and some really small ones, but most of the time it was cast after cast.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Great.  Ill try it.  Thanks.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

You bet.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Hi y'all. New to the forum and the lake as well. I hear sandbass are running this time of year. Does anyone know a spot I can take my 5 year old son Sandy fishing for the first time. He has the fever and I think sandbass would be a  great experience for him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated I'm originally from South Texas and only know of bay and gulf fishing. And we are hours from either one of those places. Thanks.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Might try the point on the south side of the power plant.
Little Ridge park is right there.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Ok great. Thank you. How about Rowlett creek. Is that a place you can take a child to fish

Top Bottom  

Lunker

For a kid to fish I would agree with Little Ridge Park. There is a ton of open bank fishing and the grass is short.  There  are usually shad swimming around by the boat dock.
 A silver/white  topwater stickbait seems to work well for me and is easy for a kid to cast.

The creeks are alright but when it warms up there are snakes everywhere on the north end of the lake. So if you go that route keep a close eye on him. 

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm off work this week, gonna try out luck on Sunday weather permitting.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: