Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2018, 05:55:34 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
WooHoo  (Read 1323 times)
Lunker Extreme

I finally found my username and password!! Thinking about going out tomorrow to hit the banks anyone been to Clear Lake lately? I think ill be able to find some shad so bait wont be a problem just haven't been able to get out that often due to work.. any help or comments would be awesome.

Winds WSW 5-10

Any one been to WRC lately? Haven't been out there in a year or so but that's where the big gizzards were last time... very hard throwing though!

Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:38:50 AM by ryanwknighton
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Good luck! Have not been to clear lake, try to fish mostly the east arm, and its been doing good. Nothing big lately but solid fish. I tried chicken breast with powdered strawberry kool-aid with garlic and that's what caught all my fish yesterday. Had shad and perch, and they seemed to like the red chicken!

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Good luck! Have not been to clear lake, try to fish mostly the east arm, and its been doing good. Nothing big lately but solid fish. I tried chicken breast with powdered strawberry kool-aid with garlic and that's what caught all my fish yesterday. Had shad and perch, and they seemed to like the red chicken!

How do you keep that chicken from coming off too quickly. Only time I've use it seem to come off on first pull.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I'm going to have to give that a shot! I went out there today with a nice size carp for cut bait.. no luck great day to be on the lake though! I drove out to the dam on my way home and it was packed! Had about 6 people on the dock and about 6-7 people fishing the creek part. My next day off will be Thursday and hopefully ill be able to get a few lines wet.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Not sure bud, I just cut it about the size of a nugget, using like a #10 circle hook. I think it needs to be large enough that you can hook it, turn it, then hook it again. Worked great for us the other day. I had been wanting to catch a good fish on it, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting shad all the time. I wish I had some Asian supermarkets closer to me so I could just get some carp as well.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: